Security Message

This forum is dedicated to basic help and support :

Ask here your questions about basic installation and usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about getting Mageia isos and installing it, configuring your printer, using your word processor etc.

Try to ask your questions in the right sub-forum with as much details as you can gather. the more precise the question will be, the more likely you are to get a useful answer

Security Message

Postby tharpa » Dec 23rd, '18, 11:07

Mageia briefly displayed a security message balloon in the lower right-hand corner of the screen. Something about a change in security settings was detected. It disappeared after a few seconds. How to see it again?
tharpa

Re: Security Message

Postby isadora » Dec 23rd, '18, 11:47

You can re-read, when clicking the little arrow (upwards) to the left of your clock (bottom-right), and choose for "Notifications".
The latest security-check-log can be checked through:
MageiaControlCentre->Security->Configure system security...->Show results
..........bird from paradise..........

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
—Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
isadora

Postby morgano » Dec 23rd, '18, 23:16

In Plasma the system tray icon is an information sign; a ring with an "i" in; ( i )
Mandriva since 2006, Mageia 2011 at home & work. Thinkpad T40, T43, T400, T510, Dell M4400, M6300, Acer Aspire 7. Workstation using LVM, LUKS, VirtualBox, BOINC
morgano

Postby tharpa » Dec 24th, '18, 03:08

isadora wrote:You can re-read, when clicking the little arrow (upwards) to the left of your clock (bottom-right), and choose for "Notifications".

I'm using Xfwm4, and my lock is at the top, and looks different. I do not see a little arrow next to it. Thanks for the info about seeing the results. However, that does not seem to have the message which flashed earlier.
tharpa

Postby isadora » Dec 24th, '18, 07:54

Then again:

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
isadora

Postby tharpa » Dec 25th, '18, 23:38

isadora, I am not sure why you reposted your quote, when I had already addressed it above, unless it was a way of saying that you don't like people using the quote function.
tharpa

Postby benmc » Dec 26th, '18, 01:43

Hi,

edit :because i did not fully understand your reply until after I posted
benmc

Postby isadora » Dec 26th, '18, 09:25

tharpa wrote:isadora, I am not sure why you reposted your quote, when I had already addressed it above, unless it was a way of saying that you don't like people using the quote function.

I reposted part of my quote, due to let you know specifically, to find back (MSEC) security-logs in Mageia Control Centre, amongst others.
Nothing more, nothing less. Like; at your service. :idea:

isadora

Postby isadora » Dec 26th, '18, 09:46

The message that appeared in your "Notifications"-applet was/is:
MSEC has performed Security Check on localhost.localdomain on Dec 26 08:24:02. Detailed results are available in /var/log/security/mail.daily.today
MSEC has performed Diff Check on localhost.localdomain on Dec 26 08:24:02. Changes in system security were detected and are available in /var/log/security.log.

isadora

Return to Basic support