Username/password

This forum is dedicated to basic help and support :

Ask here your questions about basic installation and usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about getting Mageia isos and installing it, configuring your printer, using your word processor etc.

Try to ask your questions in the right sub-forum with as much details as you can gather. the more precise the question will be, the more likely you are to get a useful answer

Username/password

Postby rsu » Nov 15th, '18, 20:18

I have just download and installed mageia 6 ; whihe booting ask user name ? No user name was ask when installing. What is method ?
rsu

Re: Username/password

Postby doktor5000 » Nov 15th, '18, 21:29

During the installation you created a user.

But I don't understand what you mean by "while booting ask user name" - what do you mean by that in particular, how is the user name asked? Do you mean at the login manager?
Also, what Mageia media did you use for installation, and what desktop environment and what login manager did you choose?
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby benmc » Nov 16th, '18, 01:57

hi rsu and welcome to Mageia.

during install, did you, during the boot options enter a password for the bootloader?
this after you enter the root /admin and user passwords and user name

If you did, I am unsure how to disable the password for the bootloader.

If you have just completed the install, you could re-run the install and leave the bootloader password field blank.

have a look here section : http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/mageia/ ... akX-en.pdf, section 23.1.1. Grub2 on Legacy/MBR and Legacy/GPT systems

(from https://www.mageia.org/en/doc/

Mageia 6
Online manual for Installer available in English
(also as file: PDF, EPUB) ) and choose (pdf)
benmc

Postby rsu » Nov 16th, '18, 04:48

Thanks. I will try again as per your guidelines. Kindly help if any problem persit
rsu

Return to Basic support