[Solved]unsatisfied gobject-introspection-1.57.2-1.mga7.i586

This forum is dedicated to basic help and support :

Ask here your questions about basic installation and usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about getting Mageia isos and installing it, configuring your printer, using your word processor etc.

Try to ask your questions in the right sub-forum with as much details as you can gather. the more precise the question will be, the more likely you are to get a useful answer

[Solved]unsatisfied gobject-introspection-1.57.2-1.mga7.i586

Postby Grabo » Aug 19th, '18, 11:53

I needed to re-install blueman and found several issues with Perl. Installed Active Perl-5.242.3 from Activestate as well as Yapp since the /usr/lib/site_perl directory was missing.

Retried to install blueman, this resulted;
Code: Select all
[root@localhost BlueMan]# urpmi blueman-2.0.4-1.mga6.x86_64.rpm
Unescaped left brace in regex is deprecated, passed through in regex; marked by <-- HERE in m/\%{ <-- HERE (\w+)}/ at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.22.3/MDV/Distribconf.pm line 411.
Unescaped left brace in regex is deprecated, passed through in regex; marked by <-- HERE in m/\${ <-- HERE (\w+)}/ at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.22.3/MDV/Distribconf.pm line 414.
A requested package cannot be installed:
libgirepository1.0_1-1.57.2-1.mga7.i586 (due to unsatisfied gobject-introspection-1.57.2-1.mga7.i586)
Continue installation anyway? (Y/n) Y
While some packages may have been installed, there were failures.
[b]A requested package cannot be installed:
libgirepository1.0_1-1.57.2-1.mga7.i586 (due to unsatisfied gobject-introspection-1.57.2-1.mga7.i586)[/b]
Continue installation anyway?
[root@localhost BlueMan]#

Then;
(as per the Launcher added to Panel 1 from the Whisker menu)
[root@localhost blueman]# locate bluetoothctl
/usr/bin/bluetoothctl
[root@localhost blueman]# /usr/bin/bluetoothctl
[NEW] Controller 20:68:9D:D0:E0:54 localhost.localdomain [default]
[NEW] Device 00:23:7F:DF:6F:47 PLT_ML10
[NEW] Device A0:32:99:7C:C2:61 Lenovo TAB 2 A7-30HC
Agent registered
[bluetooth]# ls     *****Just being difficult
Invalid command

This was one of several different attempts to invoke blueman with no response.

These devices are known, so they must be somewhere, but;
[caldon@localhost ~]$ locate PLT_ML10
[caldon@localhost ~]$
[caldon@localhost ~]$ find PLT_ML10
find: ‘PLT_ML10’: No such file or directory
[caldon@localhost ~]$

End result; no joy.
What puzzles me is where the mga7 gobject in the subject line comes from.
I understand and accept that is Cauldron work being done. If I can get that solved . . .

Any ideas on how I can get Blueman to work are welcome.
Thank you.
Last edited by Grabo on Aug 22nd, '18, 17:31, edited 2 times in total.
Grabo

Re: unsatisfied gobject-introspection-1.57.2-1.mga7.i586

Postby doktor5000 » Aug 19th, '18, 15:06

Grabo wrote:I needed to re-install blueman and found several issues with Perl. Installed Active Perl-5.242.3 from Activestate as well as Yapp since the /usr/lib/site_perl directory was missing.

Congratulations, you just broke your perl installation, and with that also urpmi, as urpmi is written in perl.

Also your bluetoothctl output looks just fine, just because you entered an invalid command does not mean it was broken.
And there's no direct relation between blueman and bluetoothctl.

Totally apart from that, locateand find are intended to find files on your box, not devices. Also your find syntax would be wrong, it is find starting_path search_criteria where starting_path is a placeholder for the path where find starts searching, and search_criteria would be the file/folder name.

Please show the output of
urpmq --list-media active --list-url
rpm -qa|sort|grep mga7
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby Grabo » Aug 21st, '18, 17:55

Ta. Told you I break things. Wizard's apprentice. And it explains all the other diagnostics I'm getting in Terminal. For what it's worth blueman did not work long before any of this. Anyway, it may interest you that I am doing Linux Foundaton's edX Introduction to Linux course. Thanks for the find syntax, suspected something like that. The /usr/bin/bluetoothctl "command" was entered on the luck of the draw.

The device find/locate was done on the premise that a computer is just a very quick idiot. For that connection to be made whatsoever there HAS to be DATA about that device on the BOX. Had an enlightening read on sockets over the weekend. With nothing else recognizable and the Plantronics earpiece nowhere near, find/locate could possibly only access anything on the box. I lost it three weeks ago. That anything came of it was a surprise though!

But that's how I break things. Taking no prisoners usually leaves one with dead bodies, no excuses, no defences.

Thank you, this gives me a whole raft of ideas to follow up.
Grabo

Postby doktor5000 » Aug 21st, '18, 18:36

Then please mark your post as [done].
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Re: [Solved]unsatisfied gobject-introspection-1.57.2-1.mga7.

Postby Grabo » Aug 22nd, '18, 17:43

I then uninstalled urpmi in MCC, which obviously led to several issues. (Previously urpmi.update -a and other attempts did not address the issue). This was evident when I later clicked on MCC again. drakconf was absent. Used dnf install for that and then urpmi. dnf installed my downloaded Blueman from pkgs.org and rebooted. Now it works. There are some other issues outstanding, but can wait until later. Learned much and MCC now wakes up in a flash.
Grabo

Return to Basic support