(Solved) How to turn off auto screen lock?

This forum is dedicated to basic help and support :

Ask here your questions about basic installation and usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about getting Mageia isos and installing it, configuring your printer, using your word processor etc.

Try to ask your questions in the right sub-forum with as much details as you can gather. the more precise the question will be, the more likely you are to get a useful answer

(Solved) How to turn off auto screen lock?

Postby dfgrbac » Aug 13th, '18, 20:26

Since installing Mageia 6 on my HP Pavilion, the screen automatically locks itself after being idle for about 10 minutes. This requires me to login again each time. In Mageia 5, the screen only cleared itself and touching anything brought it alive again with no login required. Requiring the login is annoying.

How do I prevent this automatic screen lock?
Last edited by dfgrbac on Aug 18th, '18, 20:00, edited 1 time in total.
dfgrbac

Re: How to turn off auto screen lock?

Postby benmc » Aug 14th, '18, 04:01

Hi,

which desktop.

you should be able to disable the screenlocker via the settings module for each desktop.
you can also leave the screen saver / slide show to start after a few minutes, which is very similar to what you describe.
benmc

Postby jkerr82508 » Aug 14th, '18, 11:43

In plasma look in System Settings - Workspace - Desktop Behaviour

Jim
jkerr82508

Postby dfgrbac » Aug 18th, '18, 19:58

Thanks for the replies. I found the button for screen lock. That seems to have turned it off.
By the way, I always use the defaults sent with the system. I seldom change anything, but I do explore options very infrequently.

One thing I noticed recently is that the feature that slides desktops around has stopped sliding. Now it just pops to the other desktop. I really don't care, but it seems strange that it stopped sliding. I've been using Mageia 6 since the official release.
dfgrbac

Return to Basic support