[partially solved] iwatch

This forum is dedicated to basic help and support :

Ask here your questions about basic installation and usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about getting Mageia isos and installing it, configuring your printer, using your word processor etc.

Try to ask your questions in the right sub-forum with as much details as you can gather. the more precise the question will be, the more likely you are to get a useful answer

[partially solved] iwatch

Postby pernel » Dec 4th, '17, 14:47

I'm gradually migrating a server from an old Mandriva 2010.2 to Mageia 6. In the old server I use a realtime monitoring function "iwatch" that monitors changes in selected parts of the file system and gives me email notifications. It is extremely useful to get notifications when my clients uploads data to the server. Unfortunately it does not exist in the Mageia repositories.
What is the chance that someone could package tis for Mageia? Unfortunately I'm myself not skilled enough.
The package exists in both Rosa and Openmandriva repositories for recent distributions.
What is the chance to use one of those rpm:s in Mageia?
Last edited by pernel on Oct 31st, '18, 16:07, edited 1 time in total.
pernel

Re: iwatch

Postby doktor5000 » Dec 4th, '17, 15:20

Hi there,

you may want to add a package request for that: https://wiki.mageia.org/en/How_to_repor ... ge_request

In the meantime, as the package already exists for Rosa / Openmandriva you can either try to install their packages directly which may work,
or you can rebuild the src.rpm on Mageia which is not that difficult.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby pernel » Oct 31st, '18, 16:06

Added package request https://bugs.mageia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=22123 for that.
Found out that the packages I proposed myself did not install because of dependency issues.
Recently I was successful by using an OpenSuse package, patching one dependency and rebuild the package for Mageia 6 with OBS. Now works as expected. It would not be bad to have it in the Mageia repos in the future.
pernel

Postby doktor5000 » Oct 31st, '18, 17:46

pernel wrote:Recently I was successful by using an OpenSuse package, patching one dependency and rebuild the package for Mageia 6 with OBS. Now works as expected. It would not be bad to have it in the Mageia repos in the future.

You should add a link to the .spec file in your package request, this helps to ease the work for any potential packager and increases the chances to see this in Mageia repos.
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Re: [partially solved] iwatch

Postby pernel » Nov 2nd, '18, 13:20

Did that, I hope correctly.
pernel

Re: [partially solved] iwatch

Postby doktor5000 » Nov 2nd, '18, 17:22

Looks fine, don't worry :)
----
doktor5000

Return to Basic support