[SOLVED] Mageia 32 Bit excellent! Viber, dropbox, systemd?

This forum is dedicated to basic help and support :

Ask here your questions about basic installation and usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about getting Mageia isos and installing it, configuring your printer, using your word processor etc.

Try to ask your questions in the right sub-forum with as much details as you can gather. the more precise the question will be, the more likely you are to get a useful answer

[SOLVED] Mageia 32 Bit excellent! Viber, dropbox, systemd?

Postby dirkme » Mar 22nd, '17, 02:35

I just couldn't wait.

I installed Mageia 32 Bit LXDE on my 10 years old Packard Bell easynote 45 and memory usage until now is unbeaten low. Not even Ubuntu LXDE (64 Bit) comes anywhere near.

Just wondering, if there is an opportunity to get Viber running on Mageia 5.1 32 Bit and if, how ;-)

Also, which Dropbox would I install out of the software center?

I should have named that topic Mageia 32 Bit questions.

Does Mageia 5.1 32/64 Bit use systemd
Last edited by dirkme on Mar 23rd, '17, 01:16, edited 3 times in total.
dirkme

Re: Mageia 32 Bit excellent! Viber, dropbox, systemd?

Postby doktor5000 » Mar 22nd, '17, 20:11

Hi, please next time use one of the support subforums for support-type queries. The subforum "General discussions about Mageia" is intended for what the title says.
And as a general hint and golden rule: Please only one problem per thread.

For your questions, Mageia does use systemd exclusively since Mageia 3 and offers it since Mageia 2: https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Mageia_2_Rel ... nitscripts
For vyber and dropbox please use the search function, that has been covered already several times before.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby BlueDragon » Mar 22nd, '17, 20:37

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6927#p68076 may help.

Viber is not in an official package so far it seems. This solution is not looking totally elegant but it's working on my 4.4.50-desktop-2.mga5.
BlueDragon

Postby dirkme » Mar 22nd, '17, 22:19

BlueDragon wrote:https://forums.mageia.org/en/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6927#p68076 may help.

Viber is not in an official package so far it seems. This solution is not looking totally elegant but it's working on my 4.4.50-desktop-2.mga5.

Thanks, I trust that would work, I just get Incompatible architecture for rpm [viber.rpm] and that make me think it is a 64 Bit program.

I am going to close this as solved, trusting your links suggestion will work just fine.

Thanks everyone for helping

Dirk
dirkme

Re: [SOLVED} Mageia 32 Bit excellent! Viber, dropbox, system

Postby dirkme » Mar 23rd, '17, 01:14

I use the Caja Dropbox and it works fine.
dirkme

Return to Basic support