Fetchmail usage

This forum is dedicated to basic help and support :

Ask here your questions about basic installation and usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about getting Mageia isos and installing it, configuring your printer, using your word processor etc.

Try to ask your questions in the right sub-forum with as much details as you can gather. the more precise the question will be, the more likely you are to get a useful answer

Fetchmail usage

Postby spock » Sep 17th, '16, 07:50

I've been downloading my email by using fetchmail at the command line. I've gotten my mail no problem, but each time I get the message: Warning: the connection is insecure, continuing anyways. (Better use --sslcertck!) I'm in the process of changing email providers, and in the email set up instructions they, too, want me to use --sslcertck. I don't know how! When I insert --sslcertck in the command line between fetchmail and my provider's machine address I get Server CommonName mismatch, certificate verify failed, upgrade to TLS failed, Unknown login or authentication error, socket error while fetching..., and Query Status=2 (SOCKET). As an alternative I tried creating a fetchmailrc file using fetchmailconf, and after I entered my username the box that popped up included check boxes for Use SSL? and Check server SSL certificate?, with entry fields for SSL key:, SSL certificate:, SSL trusted certificate:, SSL CommonName:, and SSL key fingerprint: I don't know which of those two boxes to check, or neither, or both. I don't know which of the entry fields require entries, or what to put in them. Any help will be appreciated. Would prefer a command line solution, but either will do. Thanks.

Dale Huckeby
spock

Return to Basic support