cairo-dock

This forum is dedicated to basic help and support :

Ask here your questions about basic installation and usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about getting Mageia isos and installing it, configuring your printer, using your word processor etc.

Try to ask your questions in the right sub-forum with as much details as you can gather. the more precise the question will be, the more likely you are to get a useful answer

cairo-dock

Postby nwtmg » Jan 15th, '21, 19:01

Hi,

I:nstalled ccairo-dock but having problem getting a menu to work. Keeps asking to install lancelot and gnomenu. Where are they.? Can I use another menu app with cairo-dock. Thanks.
nwtmg

Re: cairo-dock

Postby doktor5000 » Jan 15th, '21, 21:07

How did you install cairo-dock, from the normal Mageia packages ? It asks for lancelot / gnomenu when you do what in particular with cairo-dock ?
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby nwtmg » Jan 16th, '21, 18:24

Installed from the normal packages. I displayed the configure panel and checked the lancelot and gnomenu boxes. When I mouse over the cairo-dock lancelot and gnomenu icons A message is displayed stating that the package must be installed.
nwtmg

Postby doktor5000 » Jan 16th, '21, 19:58

I don't see neither of those anywhere in the configure dialog. FWIW we don't provide those two packages in our repositories.
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby nwtmg » Jan 16th, '21, 22:35

I uploaded a file. It displays my cairo-dock configuration window. Under Desktop you will see entries for Lancelot and GnoMenu. Hope you get the file.
Attachments
lancelot.jpg
lancelot.jpg (69.33 KiB) Viewed 575 times
nwtmg

Postby doktor5000 » Jan 17th, '21, 12:37

You added those yourself as extension/applets, they are not there by default. So you'd have to make sure that additional programs required by those applets are installed, as they are telling you.

This is a screenshot from the default configuration
Screenshot_20210117_113346.png
Screenshot_20210117_113346.png (149.08 KiB) Viewed 562 times
----
doktor5000

Return to Basic support