Time for gratitude-- BIG THANKS, MAGEIA DEVELOPERS!

Here wizards, magicians, sorcerers and everybody can rest a bit and talk about anything they like.

Just remember to respect the rules.

Postby macxi » Apr 29th, '15, 16:58

Hi,
I share here a thank published by Mechatotoro, in blog Mandriva Linux Chronicles. He appreciates the help of the Mageia developers.
I also thank and congratulate the Mageia team for the excellent work, for providing a great operating system, and built this community that I'm so proud to participate.
Thank Mageia team.

Mandriva Linux Chronicles - by Mechatotoro, April, 28 2015
      http://mandrivachronicles.blogspot.com. ... ageia.html

I believe that one of the greatest strengths of Linux is its community. Unfortunately, most of the times, the hard work of the developers that have the technical ability to put a distro together goes unnoticed in the excitement of the final product.

Users become particularly vocal when things do not work as expected: we rant and, in our frustration, we sometimes fail to recognize all the hard work and commitment of those who make things happen.

Only two days ago, I discovered that the release candidate of Mageia 5 was available and tested it. I saw that a key feature for me, Japanese IME via iBus, was not working.

I reported the bug without much hope, to be honest.

Almost immediately, I began receiving emails with updates of the progress that Mageia developers were making. They were busy, buzzing with activity trying to rectify the problem.

Today, I am happy to report that Japanese IME is working again in Mageia 5 RC.

Although I could not manage to make Anthy work, Mozc works perfectly: it lets you type in hiragana and katakana, and gives you suggestions of conversion to kanji, as Anthy did.

Therefore, I want to express my deepest gratitude to those who took their valuable time to tackle this issue. I don't know the names of all of you who got involved, but one thing I know... You all ROCK!

Japanese IME: iBus + Mozc (Mageia 5 RC)

Note: The same topic in brasilian Mageia Forum: Tempo de gratidão - OBRIGADO desenvovedores da Mageia
macxi

Re: Time for gratitude-- BIG THANKS, MAGEIA DEVELOPERS!

Postby xboxboy » Apr 30th, '15, 05:22

Yes! Thank you developers. Mageia really is amazing.
xboxboy

Return to The Wizards Lair