Humble Indie Bundle #3

Here wizards, magicians, sorcerers and everybody can rest a bit and talk about anything they like.

Just remember to respect the rules.

Re: Humble Indie Bundle #3

Postby Akien » Aug 6th, '11, 10:08

Okay, now there are 12 games in the Humble Indie Bundle #3. A new bonus game, Atom Zombie Smasher, was added to the pack a few hours ago. It is of course available for those who already bought the bundle, and makes it even more interesting for new buyers.

The offer will stop in 4 days, IINM.
Co-leader of Mageia's packaging and development team (dev).
List of packages I maintain.
Akien

Postby mechatotoro » Aug 11th, '11, 04:59

doktor5000 wrote:I'm more into classical 2D / pseudo-3D adventure kind of games. Sadly they're nearly dying out ...

I personally like DOS games...But all those got killed by MS.
It's good I can still play them in DOSbox in Linux once in a while. Although I'm not a gamer, I did buy the Bundle, but managed to install and play like four games. VVVVVV is indeed awesome. I also liked Osmos which, by the way, runs perfectly out of the box, both natively in Linux and using Wine. I think only those games I can run are worth the money I paid. :D
mechatotoro

Postby Max » Sep 20th, '11, 09:31

I thoroughly enjoyed Machinarium, VVVVVV and Hammerfight.
For some reason Braid will not run for me, it just hangs or crashes X. I think it may be a hardware problem, since Cogs will not run with my video card. (Embedded Intel)
Also, And Yet It Moves has a strange bug that it won't remember my progress. It created the /home/user/.Broken\ Rules directory and is able to write files there, but it will not remember any profile I create, and thus won't save my progress.
Those games that don't work properly are a bit of a shame, but the ones that do are certainly worth the price I paid.
Max

Postby doktor5000 » Oct 9th, '11, 22:07

Braid and Cogs run fine here, i think this is due to the graphics driver. Have you contacted Humble Support about that?
They are really nice and helpful. Both games tested with an nvidia geforce gt240m and prop. nvidia driver 275.09.07.

AndYetItMoves also allows to save here. What did you enter as profile name when you first started?
Maybe there is a problematic character in your profile name? Also which version did you use?
For me that is the i386 tarball on x86_64, as the x86_64 versions simply segfaulted for me.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Previous

Return to The Wizards Lair