Firefox youtube

Here wizards, magicians, sorcerers and everybody can rest a bit and talk about anything they like.

Just remember to respect the rules.

Firefox youtube

Postby laskachien » Apr 23rd, '13, 14:44

Hello
My girl enjoy to listenmusic on Firefox Youtube in Windows.But in linux as you must install Adobe Flash Player I d a pb.Adobe don t anymore supply linux system on Firefox only on Google Chrome!!!
Is there an equivalent from linux depots that I can install in Firefox under Mageia2?Thanks
laskachien

Re: Firefox youtube

Postby sander85 » Apr 23rd, '13, 15:07

laskachien wrote:Hello
My girl enjoy to listenmusic on Firefox Youtube in Windows.But in linux as you must install Adobe Flash Player I d a pb.Adobe don t anymore supply linux system on Firefox only on Google Chrome!!!
Is there an equivalent from linux depots that I can install in Firefox under Mageia2?Thanks

What are you saying? You just have to enable Nonfree repos and install flash-player-plugin.
Stand for something, or you will fall for nothing.
-- Richard Stallman
sander85

Postby laskachien » Apr 23rd, '13, 17:15

Hello
Thanks I just install M2 and I m goiing to config all the repos now
laskachien

Postby doktor5000 » Apr 23rd, '13, 21:50

Please have a look at our MAQeia for flash player plugin: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=880
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby laskachien » Apr 24th, '13, 11:16

hello
That s a good answer,I lookat,very long and interesting about FlashP...
The pb is that I m new in M2,just 3 days ago install,and in KDE I tried to config activate all depots by URPMI.Ok I find gurpmi and see it s installed I try to run it nuts it don t work;
As I described me in M around the work,I m an old guy,who had tried the first linuxs in year 75/80.Now it s better but too much non interesting gadgets.As I go on ,lots of pbs appears!!!First I tried Ubuntu horrible vers 12.10.
Thanks
laskachien

Postby doktor5000 » Apr 24th, '13, 22:44

Please, step by step. What is your actual problem now? And please don't try to mangle everything together, makes it more confusing for supporters.
Please check https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Software_management first, then come back and ask your questions.
Also please open a terminal and show the output of
Code: Select all
urpmq --list-media active
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby laskachien » Apr 25th, '13, 10:39

yes very interesting.I d to learn more and go slowly,ruturnhere when I m OK with URPMI
laskachien

Postby laskachien » Apr 26th, '13, 10:50

well I have do it.But there is no informations in it about Adobe Flash Player;
All that I know about is that Adobe do not more provide FP for Linux in Firefox,only in Google Chrome!
I find no replacement in Mageia for it......
laskachien

Postby jkerr82508 » Apr 26th, '13, 12:03

You are not correct. Adobe still provide flash-player for firefox on linux. You can find a package on Adobe's web site. It is better, however, to install the Mageia package:
MCC (Mageia Control Centre) - Manage software - Configure media sources: make sure that the nonfree medium is enabled
MCC - Manage Software - Install & Remove software: type flash in the search box and hit Enter. You'll see the flash-player-plugin listed.

A more complete guide to installing software in Mageia is in the wiki page linked to earlier:
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Software_management

Jim
jkerr82508

Postby laskachien » Apr 26th, '13, 17:05

OK I find it on CCM,but it s an update from Adobe and then it dwnld FP.But as I see on the french site of Adobe I fear this vers is for 64bits,and I m in 32 i386!
But I do not find any original M2
FP for browsers vers 11.2.202.280 ?Thanks for your kinds answers
laskachien

Postby doktor5000 » Apr 27th, '13, 14:23

Please show the output of
urpmf -f -m --name flash-player-plugin | sort
----
doktor5000

Postby laskachien » Apr 29th, '13, 14:45

Hello
I do it give a lot of Nonfree Updates for FP 11.2...... i586!!!
Not any i386!!I d seen that A did no more supply linux FP for Firefox only Google Chrome,Ithink Firefox is i386 and Gc i586.A was never very clear as he is unique it s a king!!! So I think there is no solution,no mather my girl can go on Win 7 where I d an FP ok
laskachien

Postby doktor5000 » Apr 29th, '13, 19:38

Sorry but your writing is quite confusing to me.

Mageia only provides i586 and x86_64 packages, Firefox from the Mageia repositories is also i586. Why do you think you need i386?
Also Adobe still supplies Flashplayer for linux, but only for security updates and bugfixes, no new releases.

Please show the output of
rpm -qa | grep firefox
firefox --version
----
doktor5000

Postby oj » Apr 29th, '13, 20:36

It would help me translate/understand you if I knew what your native language is.

I don't see where you acknowledge that you followed any of the previous advice. Have you added repositories properly? Have you tried installing flashplayer using the graphic installer in the Mageia control center? If so, what happened, was there any error?

Is your operating system 32 bit? If so you must install a 32 bit flash. If your operating system is 64 bits, you can still install a 32 bit firefox and a 32 bit flash plugin. Sometimes this works better than trying to use a 64 bit plugin. You can run 32 bit software on a 64 bit system but not the other way around; 64 bit software won't even install on a32 bit system.
oj

Postby laskachien » Apr 30th, '13, 10:33

Yes I know all that,I min i386 so can nt support 64b.Allthe depots are quite installed.I will try in graphic mode,but I think as all FP now are in i586 I will have problemes.I will tell you.But if this remain unsolved no matter,I have FP 10 on W 7.But our discussion has learn me much as new on M2,but very old in informatic
began with Dos PCTOOLS Win 3.1 first linux then an old Unix and programming in C++
And now I m 84 .......
laskachien

Postby laskachien » Apr 30th, '13, 14:57

Excuse me I realize that I m telling a stupidity Yes 64bits go well for 32!!!I m going too old!!
Yes my english is not quite good,I m french but my father was Danish I will try your advice to install FP in graphic mode,and tell you the result Thanks
laskachien

Postby doktor5000 » Apr 30th, '13, 19:56

Actually it doesn't matter if you install it via the graphical package management in Mageia control center, or via a terminal.
I'd prefer terminal, as you only need to do (as root)
urpmi flash-player-plugin

and don't need to wait for some graphical interface to open or search for a package in long lists.
And you could also directly copy&paste the output of that command here, so we can see directly if it worked or not.
----
doktor5000

Postby laskachien » May 2nd, '13, 10:11

hello
I had the time this week to try must go in hospital,(not serious)I will try your terminal cde next week.I wonder if Adobe FP is not a plug in of Mozilla or Google?I will also try to config Firefox with FP if it is a plug in???
laskachien

Postby doktor5000 » May 2nd, '13, 19:43

Please try that command first and post the output here before trying anything else.
----
doktor5000

Postby laskachien » May 5th, '13, 09:54

Hello
Now I had another pb! Try your terminal Cde urpmi ,it answer carl@localhost Cde not found .I see that other commands give the same answer,I think in the profile must be a line with PATH??Tanks
laskachien

Postby Ken-Bergen » May 5th, '13, 10:09

Now I had another pb! Try your terminal Cde urpmi ,it answer carl@localhost Cde not found .I see that other commands give the same answer,I think in the profile must be a line with PATH??Tanks
urpmi can only be run as root.
Ken
Ken-Bergen

Postby laskachien » May 5th, '13, 11:28

OK but I forgot howw to enter as root!!!
laskachien

Postby isadora » May 5th, '13, 11:53

In terminal type:

su -

...and enter root-password. ;)
..........bird from paradise..........

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
—Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
isadora

Postby doktor5000 » May 5th, '13, 15:24

Now I had another pb! Try your terminal Cde urpmi ,it answer carl@localhost Cde not found

You should only copy the following line in the terminal as root:

urpmi flash-player-plugin

But it seems you copied the topic above that code box too. That will not work. Either you copy only the content
of the code box (as shown above) or you use the blue, clickable link "SELECT ALL" in the topic of the code box
----
doktor5000

Postby laskachien » May 5th, '13, 15:31

No I enter the good line Cde,but I forgot to su- root PWord!
laskachien

Next

Return to The Wizards Lair