Alternatives to Gab

Here wizards, magicians, sorcerers and everybody can rest a bit and talk about anything they like.

Just remember to respect the rules.

Alternatives to Gab

Postby Weatherlawyer » Jun 21st, '19, 17:49

I have been using Gab for some time but keep finding the same racist posters evading the "Mute" Poster tab, sometimes immediately after another attempt to mute them. One refresh and they are back. Anyone know of an alternative where the mute button works.
Weatherlawyer

Re: Alternatives to Gab

Postby doktor5000 » Jun 22nd, '19, 19:28

I'm not using Gab, but according to some reviews the mute button seems to work. Maybe it's just some usability or browser issue on your end? You may want to explain in some more detail about that evading, although you should probably leave out personal data ;)

For some reviews, but also some alternatives you can check https://alternativeto.net/software/gab/
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby Weatherlawyer » Jun 23rd, '19, 17:48

There quite a few loopholes with Gab and it is infested with racists, I half suspect the people in charge are in on it.
I was looking at GNU social

GNU social but I have no idea how to use a server and there doesn't seem to be an alternative

You can use GNU social today if...

In June 2013, we merged with the StatusNet project.

Visit GNU.io for the latest news on GNU social but don't expect a link to load it..
Weatherlawyer

Postby doktor5000 » Jun 24th, '19, 18:47

Regarding GNU social, it seems they don't offer a list of servers on the project page. Check https://gnu.io/social/

Where can I join GNU social?
There are many GNU social server instances. That’s another advantage of federation! Some are for people in different parts of the world, some are for people with different interests, some are open to everyone.

You can search the web for GNU social instances in your country or that are run by people with similar interests to you.

Please note that the GNU social project is not responsible for the operation or content of sites that run our software.

There seem to be a few instances listed at https://fediverse.party/en/gnusocial/
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby Weatherlawyer » Jul 3rd, '19, 19:43

I am waiting to see what JUly the 4th brings.
Weatherlawyer

Postby Weatherlawyer » Jul 22nd, '19, 09:07

Weatherlawyer wrote:I am waiting to see what JUly the 4th brings.

No maore Empress wife o empress husband so the new gab is working howerve the amounto of working space they force on you requirws I fwr a larger magnification pair of glassed so I moved to Minds.com

I wonder what on earth people using mobile phones to read it are doing.
Weatherlawyer

Return to The Wizards Lair