How to make Mageia more user-friendly

Here wizards, magicians, sorcerers and everybody can rest a bit and talk about anything they like.

Just remember to respect the rules.

Re: How to make Mageia more user-friendly

Postby doktor5000 » Nov 28th, '16, 17:57

And why should we care about that at all, and what's the point of posting that here?
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby liaosing » Nov 29th, '16, 04:05

The point is you should care about what consumers want.

If you are doing this as a hobby which satisfy your needs, go ahead. don't you think it is better to do something to improve other people lives ?
liaosing

Postby Ken-Bergen » Nov 29th, '16, 04:24

liaosing wrote:The point is you should care about what consumers want.
Mageia is like free beer.
If you don't like the beer we're serving you're free to move on to an establishment that serves free beer more to your liking.
You could even go to an establishment that charges you for beer.
Your choice.
Ken
Ken-Bergen

Postby liaosing » Dec 10th, '16, 08:50

We should not be talking about the comparator of Mageia with beer.

I am trying to put the challenge to you smarties if you can design a version of mageia that is reduced in complexities.

Are you prepare to take the challenge ? do you have what it takes to do it ?
liaosing

Postby Ken-Bergen » Dec 10th, '16, 08:57

liaosing wrote:I am trying to put the challenge to you smarties if you can design a version of mageia that is reduced in complexities.

Are you prepare to take the challenge ?
Not I.
liaosing wrote:do you have what it takes to do it ?
Do you?
Ken
Ken-Bergen

Postby liaosing » Dec 12th, '16, 07:41

if not you then who in Linux Mageia team are interested ?
liaosing

Postby yankee495 » Dec 17th, '16, 19:08

liaosing wrote:We should not be talking about the comparator of Mageia with beer.

I am trying to put the challenge to you smarties if you can design a version of mageia that is reduced in complexities.

Are you prepare to take the challenge ? do you have what it takes to do it ?

They are already designing a better Mageia, Mageia 6. With each version it get's easier to use and prettier too. Us smarties who use Mageia have read the instructions. There is already a version of Linux that is "reduced in complexities" and it's called Android as you mentioned. But phones and tablets are designed to be more of an appliance type device where a desktop computer is more of a configurable/customizable/programmable multipurpose device. If you're not willing to learn to use it then you're stuck.

Windows users who complain Linux is too hard usually can't operate Windows either. Using a real computer takes study no matter what the operating system is. There isn't a proficient Windows user in the world who didn't have to learn how to use it, and that goes for every operating system ever developed.

Google will tell you anything you need to know these days and I'm sure you can get all of your answers there, including about Mageia. That's all of the time I have to waste today, have a nice day. Oh, and, Mageia is already better than Windows.
There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary & those who don't.
Main Desktop
http://www.overclock.net/lists/display/view/id/3960066
yankee495

Postby liaosing » Dec 22nd, '16, 11:25

It great if your claim that Mageia is better than Windows. May you can teach dummies like us why is it that Mageia is better than Windows already.
liaosing

Postby liaosing » Jan 17th, '17, 10:39

My fren give me a link to a kind of unique software which can only be installed in the Linux machine. I do not know how to install them in the Linux machine since I find it hard to use.

I will fwd you the software if you can send me a message through PM (Personal Message)

Edit: liaosing, in general it is not wise publishing your e-mail-address on the internet, as if it only were for privacy-reason, and/or protection against unmeant spamming.
Therefore i edited your message, thanks for your attention.
liaosing

Previous

Return to The Wizards Lair