WTF??????

Here wizards, magicians, sorcerers and everybody can rest a bit and talk about anything they like.

Just remember to respect the rules.

Re: WTF??????

Postby xboxboy » Jan 23rd, '16, 16:35

Thank you for tackling this complex situation. I was a little surprised they seemed to be able to cause so much havoc over such a large time frame.

Any of my posts in relation to this matter I authorise to be deleted or modified as the administration team see fit. My personal view is all the trolls content should be hidden. If holes then exist in the conversation the Mods could fill in with a disclaimer describing the original post requiring moderation.

The magiea.org forum is one of the most professional and pleasant Linux communities in the world. I'm proud to be a part of it and hope I feel that way for many, many years to come.
xboxboy

Re: WTF??????

Postby doktor5000 » Jan 23rd, '16, 21:34

xboxboy wrote:I was a little surprised they seemed to be able to cause so much havoc over such a large time frame.

See https://bugs.mageia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7099 for the main reason behind this.
Now we have additional groups in place with special permissions, also it's now required that posts of newly registered users are approved by a moderator before they are actually posted.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Previous

Return to The Wizards Lair