[Solved] Screen Recording And Video Editing Software

Here you'll find a place for solutions and hints.

Please use one of the support subforums below for questions or if you have any issues and need support.

[Solved] Screen Recording And Video Editing Software

Postby AndrewAmmerlaan » May 14th, '14, 15:56

Hello Everybody

I am doing a video project, and I am looking for good screen recording and video editing software for linux. I need to record certain area's on the sreen, and at the same time record sound on my microphone. On windows I used to use Open Broadcaster Software for this, but sadly it is not available for linux, if anybody knows a simular program, that would be great. For video editing I used to use Movie Maker, I am looking for something simular, it only has to cut video's and paste them after one another.

If anybody has any suggestions please let me know
Last edited by AndrewAmmerlaan on May 15th, '14, 22:02, edited 1 time in total.
AndrewAmmerlaan

Re: Screen Recording And Video Editing Software

Postby benmc » May 15th, '14, 09:56

Hi Andrew

AndrewAmmerlaan wrote:For video editing I used to use Movie Maker, I am looking for something simular, it only has to cut video's and paste them after one another.

you could have a look at Kdenlive if you have KDE desktop- part of the kde package, or you can install it from Mageia Control Centre => install and remove software tab, search for " kdenlive "
benmc

Postby AndrewAmmerlaan » May 15th, '14, 11:20

Thanks, this will do what I need it to do.
AndrewAmmerlaan

Postby benmc » May 15th, '14, 22:01

If all ok, please prefix the original post with [ Done ] or [ Solved ]

regards
benmc

Re: [Solved] Screen Recording And Video Editing Software

Postby jiml8 » May 16th, '14, 05:03

I routinely use recordMyDesktop. I use it for screen captures with sound. Needs some configuration to make the sound work but once you figure that out it is OK. I have not tried it with a microphone, though that is on my agenda since I have a need. Commonly, when I am doing a narration, I do the audio first, then playback the audio while I go through the screen session. This permits me to edit out all the "err" and "uh" and "ah" sounds I might make when talking through it, before doing the complete video.
jiml8

Re: [Solved] Screen Recording And Video Editing Software

Postby alex123 » May 21st, '14, 08:07

I must say dude you are doing good,Basically this kind of things when you do something about developing them helps us with learning more in terms of betterment like you have talked about it.Sharing knowledge and then thinking of making it better is the way how it should be.
alex123

Return to The magician suggests...