dropping mageia

This forum is for general chat between members about Mageia.

Technical questions are supposed to be posted in support forums. Not here !

dropping mageia

Postby tomg » Sep 13th, '14, 17:19

I registered just to express my disappointment. I was a long time mandrake, then mandriva, and mageia user. I skipped Mageia 3 because I had everything working so well. Imagine my disappointment when I downloaded Mageia 4.1 and found systemd running. One of the reasons that I loved this system all along was because if you knew what you were doing, you could make it run right. Now that mageia has turned to systemd, I can no longer use it. I'm sorry. I've donated, and when it was Mandriva, I even purchased my distributions to try to help support it. No longer. I'm unbelievably disappointed. Goodbye mageia, i hope you burn.
tomg

Re: dropping mageia

Postby doktor5000 » Sep 13th, '14, 17:30

Hi there, sorry to hear that.

What are the particular reasons why you cannot use Mageia with systemd?
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby tomg » Sep 13th, '14, 18:17

because it uses systemd which is a steaming pile of excrement. I will NOT have it running on my system. It's just that simple. If I wanted Windows, I would have gotten a Microsoft product.
tomg

Postby leuhmanu » Sep 13th, '14, 18:30

Then good look with your next distro, which is gentoo ? maybe the last one which will switch to systemd
Help the bugsquad !
leuhmanu

Postby doktor5000 » Sep 13th, '14, 22:07

tomg wrote:because it uses systemd which is a steaming pile of excrement. I will NOT have it running on my system. It's just that simple.

So apart from describing it with fould language, you have no factual arguments against systemd.

Anyways, use whatever distro works best for you. But that's still not a reason to badmouth/curse another.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Return to General discussions about Mageia