What a great product!

This forum is for general chat between members about Mageia.

Technical questions are supposed to be posted in support forums. Not here !

What a great product!

Postby davidbmwilson » Jul 4th, '11, 19:11

Well done, all those involved in Mageia. You have clearly devoted a great deal of time and effort into producing such a polished and well-rounded Distribution in such a short space of time. I first became a Mandrake fan many years ago when it was on V8.0 and stayed with it as it developed, even through the changeover to Mandriva. Now, however, Mandriva seems to have "taken its eye off the ball", whereas Mageia seems to have "picked it up and started to run away with it". I am particularly impressed that the "Live" CD not only booted and that it was able in due course to instal Mageia on my 11-year old PC, but that it is also surprisingly quick and responsive. A degree of sluggishness would have been fair enough, given the age of the hardware, but there was almost none. Incidentally, this was after I had found that the latest KUbuntu "Live" CD would not even boot on that same PC....!
davidbmwilson

Re: What a great product!

Postby isadora » Jul 4th, '11, 20:17

Thanks for your report, davidbmwilson!!!!

And of course a very warm welcome to the Mageia-forum!!!
..........bird from paradise..........

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
—Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
isadora

Re: What a great product!

Postby Germ » Jul 4th, '11, 22:02

Thank you. Glad you're enjoying it. :D
Starting in 1999: Mandrake > Mandriva > Mageia
Linux User #274693
Germ

Return to General discussions about Mageia