Mageia 6 - Wallpapers and icons

This forum is for general chat between members about Mageia.

Technical questions are supposed to be posted in support forums. Not here !

Mageia 6 - Wallpapers and icons

Postby dlocklear01 » Sep 29th, '16, 18:17

I am a Linux novice and heard about Mageia recently. I just found out about this forum a few minutes ago.

I decided to immediately not try version 5, and go straight in to 6 for several reasons. I already had about 400
hours of usage with Mint 18, Antergos, SlackEx, Manjaro 16.04 Xfce, Manjaro BSPWM, ExTix, Antix-16, ChaletOS,
and Ubuntu Gnome 16.10, Korora 24, and probably something else.

My computer usage is that I surf the web, email, and play simple arcade games like Aisleriot Solitaire. I also
share my computer with my 11 year old daughter, and eventually will share it with my wife, who is not computer literate,
or I may build another computer and put Mageia 6 on it - once it goes LTS.

Anyways, I now have 43 hours of usage with Mageia 6 since Sept 10th. I have ran about 7 updates.

My computer is working excellent now, except Aisleriot Solitaire broke moving from 3.20 to 3.22.

Check out my wallpaper and icons.

https://goo.gl/photos/itAHzPJ68YaJduAX7

Click on image to enlarge, if you want to view it.

If one of you can get my Aisleriot Solitaire 3.22 working, I will be a very happy camper.

The game Taquin ( Gnome-Taquin ?? ) has been added to the repository. Check it out.

Also, check out the game Puzzle Moppet. I just solved Puzzle # 20 last night, so I am
super excited to start Puzzle # 21. That is so much easier to do in Mageia than in Windows 7.

Is Mageia 6 better than Windows 7. For one thing, the installation is easier, and once installed
you can easily install at least 10 free games that are quality fun: Tetravex, Gnome-Mines, knavalbattle,
Puzzle Moppet, Sudoku, Taquin, etc. And you can install 100 games if you want, but I have found many
of them are only worth playing once or twice.

Respectfully,

David Locklear
Arcola, Texas, U.S.A.
dlocklear01

Return to General discussions about Mageia