General Report 2015, 2014

This forum is for general chat between members about Mageia.

Technical questions are supposed to be posted in support forums. Not here !

Re: General Report 2015, 2014

Postby doktor5000 » Apr 20th, '16, 22:59

finkel wrote:I'd like to acknowledge the polite and precise answers from maat, this is refreshing. But I also see that Mageia is a close circle of core members where intruders are not welcome, to say the least.

Latter part is bollocks, pretty much everyone is welcome to contribute, even you.

Although with the hostile attitude and YELLING at people you demonstrated here, what reaction do you expect from people who give their spare time, passion and commitment for the project?
I think you got what you asked for.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby rambothemovie » Aug 11th, '16, 22:45

finkel wrote:
ennael wrote:Hi

We are indeed late on that point (late is maybe not enough :) ). I will try to update all this in coming month.
Thanks for your patience

We are in April now. Almost 2 months have passed. Has anything been done in that regard?

Ding Dong. Ding Dong. Ding Dong.

6 months have gone through, and the update in coming month still failed to show up. I doubt it's a surprise to anybody. Let's face it. just like the old missing reports, it'll never show up. As a result, the official entity is de facto dead, that's as simple as that. Does not mean the distribution is though, there is still some kind of activity there... As I understand it they decided to stop all kind of paperwork to concentrate on the new release? That's my understanding of the situation today.
Rambo The Movie
rambothemovie

Postby filip » Aug 12th, '16, 21:20

Feel free to help us. Contribution IS the only way to speed the process.
filip

Postby ennael » Aug 12th, '16, 22:49

It's not dead. Fortunatelly we do not wait for such so positive comment to work. You may know that we are all contributers. We have a real life, a job, a family, kids... And We are facing huge amount of work everywhere. We are all doing all what we can to provide the best for the Mageia Community. We are facing new problems and challenges in coming weeks and we will all do what we can.

I'm sorry on my personal side I will not take more time to answer here.
ennael

Postby rambothemovie » Aug 12th, '16, 23:32

filip wrote:Feel free to help us. Contribution IS the only way to speed the process.

Sorry, but no. No, I can't write this report. I have no fucking idea what should be in that report, which is the exact reason I would like to read it were it available. Moreover I'm not the one who promised a report.

You say there will be a report in coming month, and 6 months later, when there is none, somehow this is because I did not contribute to it? Is that filip what you are trying to say with your comment? Come on, I am respectfully asking for an update on a seemingly important issue, let's not start the game of accusing each other of being at fault, this is not the point of this request.

You can accuse me of not contributing, but part of the reason I like to read reports is that I gave some money to the project in a not too distant past, and that's what other projects I'm giving money usually do (but don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming this is an obligation). I know giving money cannot be compared to real contributions, but given the aggressiveness of this crowd, I have to admit I'm not contemplating the idea, sorry.

ennael wrote:It's not dead. Fortunatelly we do not wait for such so positive comment to work. You may know that we are all contributers. We have a real life, a job, a family, kids... And We are facing huge amount of work everywhere. We are all doing all what we can to provide the best for the Mageia Community. We are facing new problems and challenges in coming weeks and we will all do what we can.

Is that a thing of this project to be on the defensive any time some kind of clarification is requested? I am pointing out that what was promised 6 months ago is still not available. There won't be a report, that's all there is to say, point taken, let's move on. Next topic.
Rambo The Movie
rambothemovie

Postby maat » Aug 13th, '16, 10:16

rambothemovie wrote:
filip wrote:Feel free to help us. Contribution IS the only way to speed the process.

Sorry, but no. No, I can't write this report. I have no fucking idea what should be in that report, which is the exact reason I would like to read it were it available.

So you're asking for something you don't event know what it looks like or is useful for ? Just to learn what a report is ? o_Ô

My Lord let me help you, it's my pleasure :
  • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Report
  • https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=what+is+a+report&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X

If you dig a little bit i'm sure you'll find out that even you can write a report.

Let me then point you at some resources to find information:

You'll find too that mailing lists archive give also a very accurate view of our activities:
https://ml.mageia.org/l/home

You'll probably find very important things into these :
  • Development
  • Quality Assurance
  • Board, Council and others governance group

-> So all the information is available to be processed and summarized into reports... we just need some people with time and motivation to do it.

Open source communities relay on good will and benevolent work : if you want something there's only 3 options:
  • The simplest : DO IT ! Or at least start it alone, show results (even if they are poor) and you'll find probably that others will come to help and improve
  • If you cannot do it (for a good reason) PAY SOMEONE TO DO IT ! You'll find around you people able to write reports i'm sure
  • If you cannot either pay for it : ASK KINDLY ENOUGH so that someone wants to make you happy. Given that these reports are not something we must provide to keep the "machine" running and given the way these reports were asked for in the worst possible way my guess is that this option is now the less easy to try

Trust me : grumbling and trolling will never get you to having something done in open-source communities
maat

Postby ozky » Aug 13th, '16, 12:07

ennael wrote:It's not dead. Fortunatelly we do not wait for such so positive comment to work. You may know that we are all contributers. We have a real life, a job, a family, kids... And We are facing huge amount of work everywhere. We are all doing all what we can to provide the best for the Mageia Community. We are facing new problems and challenges in coming weeks and we will all do what we can.

Exactly now when tmb is gone for while,does we have better things to do like release Mageia 6. ?
This topic should closed instead of wasting too much time on it.
Mageia user
ozky

Postby rambothemovie » Aug 13th, '16, 13:06

Oh fuck. So much aggressiveness, this is unbelievable. Come on guys, I just asked a simple question, no ulterior motive. Maegia is apparently lacking contributors, I understand why when I see this thread. Not a welcoming environment. As far as I'm concerned, believe me, I'm gone, not coming back. Have fun.
Rambo The Movie
rambothemovie

Postby maat » Aug 13th, '16, 13:11

That's right Ozky we dit let the troll last too long. Topic closed.
maat

Previous

Return to General discussions about Mageia