Thank you, Developers of Mageia!

This forum is for general chat between members about Mageia.

Technical questions are supposed to be posted in support forums. Not here !

Thank you, Developers of Mageia!

Postby Erik » Aug 12th, '15, 16:37

Yesterday I tried the newest version of Firefox, version 40, directly downloaded from Mozilla, and found that sound does not work in this version, although everyting works fine in the ESR version that Mageia offers. I tried everything I could think of, but nothing worked. Something must be seriously wrong with my installation (Mageia 5 64-bit, clean install and fully updated). So I prepared a new clean installation. I noticed the option to upgrade to Mageia 5 instead of a new installation and remembered that a few years ago I used this option Mandriva and was able to repair my installation then. I tried the same thing now. Of course the "upgrade" took only a few moments, and after this I used the option to update before the restart. I did this too. Lo and behold, several files needed as dependencies were installed!! After the restart the system works perfectly and now I have got sound even in Firefox 40!!

The developers of Rosa have eliminated this option from their installation DVD, and I have seen it nowhere else in other distros. I am very glad that you, developers of Mageia, have kept it, so that I can still use it to repair the installation that had somehow become corrupted.

Thank you, and keep up the good work!

Greetings,

Erik.
Erik

Return to General discussions about Mageia