FF character encoding issue in Mageia 2 ?

This forum is dedicated to basic help and support :

Ask here your questions about basic installation and usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about getting Mageia isos and installing it, configuring your printer, using your word processor etc.

Try to ask your questions in the right sub-forum with as much details as you can gather. the more precise the question will be, the more likely you are to get a useful answer

FF character encoding issue in Mageia 2 ?

Postby tonystang2727 » Nov 13th, '18, 12:16

Hi everyone,

I'm running Mozilla Firefox 17.0.8 in a KDE distro of Linux called Mageia 2. I'm having problems in character encoding with certain web pages, meaning that certain icons like the ones next to menu entries (Login, Search box etc.) and in section headlines don't appear properly. Instead they appear either in some arabic character or as little grey boxes with numbers and letters written in it.

I've tried experimenting with different encoding systems: Western (ISO 8859-1), (ISO 8859-15), (Windows 1252), Unicode (UTF-8), Central European (ISO 8859-2) but none of them does the job. Currently the char encoding is set to UTF-8. The same web page in Chrome (UTF-8) gives no such problem.

Can you help me, please?
tonystang2727

Re: FF character encoding issue in Mageia 2 ?

Postby Germ » Nov 13th, '18, 13:34

You should upgrade. We are up to Mageia 6 now. Mageia 2 is so obsolete and went end of life several years ago.
Starting in 1999: Mandrake > Mandriva > Mageia
Linux User #274693
Germ

Return to Basic support