Round-the-world Mageia 3 release events

You'll find there general news and announcements about forums and Mageia

Round-the-world Mageia 3 release events

Postby trishf42 » Apr 8th, '13, 11:33

Hi all,

You might have seen this blog post come out today:

http://blog.mageia.org/en/2013/04/08/le ... rld-party/

We would really like to help everyone have a great time for this release - we can help you with getting ready, and put up blog posts and other info so people can join in. We think this will help us all to get to know other Mageia users around the world - and maybe reach out to new people who don't know Mageia yet.

If you have been thinking about doing something - anything! - to mark the release of Mageia 3, and you'd like to share it around the world, please leave a reply here, or use one of the other contact ways that we mentioned in the blog post.

Cheers!
Trish Fraser
Mageiata
Atelier Team
trishf42

Re: Round-the-world Mageia 3 release events

Postby VoodooDali » Apr 8th, '13, 17:07

I'd love to see a release party in Chicago, but I'm on a tight budget. Anyone else doing anything? :)
Voo #557749
running "Celene"
ASUS G73Jh
Intel Core i7 720QM
AMD (ATi) Mobility Radeon HD 5870
Mageia 4
VoodooDali

Postby walter » Apr 9th, '13, 09:24

Any event in Brazil, Recife?
walter

Postby trishf42 » Apr 13th, '13, 01:16

Hi all,

An email will be going out to local communities people early next week. Hopefully then some people from your areas will say if they have anything planned!

In the meantime, ask on the forums and lists if there's anyone in your area who wants to do something - even if it's to get together on release day and take pics of your successful upgrade, so we can post them to the blog!

Cheers!
Trish Fraser
Mageiata
Atelier Team
trishf42

Postby laskachien » Apr 23rd, '13, 10:48

Hello
New on Mageia,but old who tried the firsts Linux more than 20 years ago!Now I m surprised by the Mageia 2,good.My question
I must config M2,but that s not a simple work,and now M3 will be in 1 month,so I do not like to have to change all my work.Is it necessary to install the new M3?Thanks,excuse my bad english I m French!!!
laskachien

Postby sander85 » Apr 23rd, '13, 10:52

laskachien wrote:Hello
New on Mageia,but old who tried the firsts Linux more than 20 years ago!Now I m surprised by the Mageia 2,good.My question
I must config M2,but that s not a simple work,and now M3 will be in 1 month,so I do not like to have to change all my work.Is it necessary to install the new M3?Thanks,excuse my bad english I m French!!!

It should be possible to upgrade from Mageia 2 too. There are still some problems but we hope to work them out before release.
Stand for something, or you will fall for nothing.
-- Richard Stallman
sander85

Postby piotrekw1 » Apr 23rd, '13, 13:16

Mageia is really the best - it works perfectly in a virtual machine or on a desktop PC.
On a PC, the command switch off or restart- stops PC after the message: "Started Sensor Information Logging" - then I have the keys 'ctrl+alt+delete' to restart. Why?
piotrekw1

Postby laskachien » Apr 23rd, '13, 14:24

hello
Thanks for your answer.I m very satisfied with M2.What a change with the horrible Ubuntu 12.10!
laskachien

Postby pegasus » Jun 13th, '13, 05:37

they have to get the 3D efects working vagain, It worked good in Mandriva 2010 -2011 but here something is wrong, the chage desktop doe not flip and turn anymore and to go in to activate it, it won't and a lot of other stuf crash also!!
thank You
Al Wilson
pegasus

Postby doktor5000 » Jun 13th, '13, 21:24

Which desktop are you using?
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby fishman » Oct 22nd, '13, 22:29

Howdy! I am from Texas and I just installed Mageia 3 on my IBM Lenovo Laptop and so far I love it. I am new to Arch-based systems and I am having fun learning them. This community seems great so far and I look forward to meeting everyone here on IRC soon. This OS is very user-friendly. I am still learning some command-line terms and syntax but the GUI works really well and is very easy on the eye to look at. I am not much for eyecandy but this OS has some really cool features. Again thanks to this organization for having this Duistro out for gratis. :D
FREEDOM TO THE WORLD!
fishman

Postby filip » Oct 23rd, '13, 17:46

Howdy fishman. Welcome here. You can join the party any time.

BTW Mageia is not Arch-based and has rather long family tree: Red hat > Mandrake (+ Connectiva) > Mandriva > Mageia.
filip

Postby fishman » Oct 26th, '13, 22:26

filip wrote:Howdy fishman. Welcome here. You can join the party any time.

BTW Mageia is not Arch-based and has rather long family tree: Red hat > Mandrake (+ Connectiva) > Mandriva > Mageia.

Oh ok about it not being arch-based my badd. I must have misread about it some where lol. So far I am loving it. I will be doing a video review at: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV3xEKiVBnVe_v5pSZ-iwlA
FREEDOM TO THE WORLD!
fishman

Return to News and announcements