Mageia for ARM Precisely an allwinner A30s

This forum is dedicated to new ideas, suggestions and proposals.

Mageia for ARM Precisely an allwinner A30s

Postby dwhite » Jan 10th, '15, 00:11

I've got cheap Chinese Tablet it currently runs Android 4.41, I'd kind of like to change the OS to Mageia but reinstalling an image file is not quite as easy as my PC. Does anyone know how, or were I can get a MicroSD That will do it. I understand each image has to be tailored to the exact machine.
Now I've assembled a GA 320M-H AMD Chip and an ASUS Geforce GT 710
dwhite

Re: Mageia for ARM Precisely an allwinner A30s

Postby doktor5000 » Jan 10th, '15, 01:00

Not sure what you're asking here. Do you want to know, which microSD cards are supported on your allwinner a30s?
Or do you want to know, where to get a current ARM image for Mageia? For the latter, there is none. You'd have to package and install it yourself via chroot, see viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6130
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Re: Mageia for ARM Precisely an allwinner A30s

Postby dwhite » Jan 10th, '15, 09:30

My Tablet will support up to a 32 Gb micro Sd. I would like to get a pre-written micro SD, but failing that an image just like the install iso's, that we download from the Mageia server's. That is probably an unrealistic wish as the port is many many years from fruition. Then I could just install a copy of Mageia on my Tablet
Now I've assembled a GA 320M-H AMD Chip and an ASUS Geforce GT 710
dwhite

Return to Ideas and suggestions