Amarok problem

Amarok problem

Postby SwArMD » Sep 3rd, '14, 19:13

Hey, I am quite new to Mageia, and I guess relatively new to Linux in general. Amarok's podcast capabilities caught my eye, so I gave it a shot. I found one of my favourite internet podcasts in the listings. and i subscribed to it. I then tried to play one of the podcast tracks from the drop down list, it came up with an error stating that I am missing the following plugin "HTTP protocol source". So i popped in my core dvd, and hit the "search" button. It then says "waiting in queue" and "searching for HTTP protocol source" and does not move at all, I left it searching for an hour, yet nothing happened. How do i get the plugin? I searched for it in the software center, and also did various google searches, yet couldn't find a thing.
SwArMD

Re: Amarok problem

Postby Latte » Sep 3rd, '14, 20:22

SwArMD wrote:So i popped in my core dvd, and hit the "search" button.

One general hint: if ou have an internet connection it is better to use the online repositories rather then the DVD because:
a) it's more convenient
b) you receive directly the recent packages (in case of updates)
c) the amount of available software in the online repos are larger than the DVD

Please take a look here: https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Software_management

Regarding your issue with the Amarok podcasts I can't help you. It seems that some amarok plugin or a general codec is missing. What is the entire error message - or if you start amarok from the konsole?
Latte

Postby ozky » Sep 4th, '14, 17:43

Try to install packages task-codec-audio and task-codec-video.
Mageia user
ozky

Postby Latte » Sep 4th, '14, 21:17

Latte

Postby SwArMD » Sep 5th, '14, 20:18

full error message:

Amarok requires an additional plugin for this operation
The following plugin is required:
HTTP protocol source
Do you want to search for this now?

And of course after i click search, it does nothing for hours but say "waiting in queue"
SwArMD

Postby SwArMD » Sep 5th, '14, 20:25

Also. how do i enable online reps. it seems that since i installed Mageia, it requires me to stick in my core dvd for EVERYTHING, so i guess i am not even using online reps.... i am obviously connected to the internet, but not using the reps.
SwArMD

Postby doktor5000 » Sep 5th, '14, 20:31

SwArMD wrote:Also. how do i enable online reps. it seems that since i installed Mageia, it requires me to stick in my core dvd for EVERYTHING, so i guess i am not even using online reps.... i am obviously connected to the internet, but not using the reps.

Seems you ignored the post from Latte: viewtopic.php?p=51162#p51162

Also for your issue with the stream he posted a link to the relevant bugreport, which mentions that you need to install at least gstreamer0.10-neon when using the default phonon-gstreamer backend. Did you do install that?
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Return to Sound