Mageia 4 PulseAudio with Audigy CA0106

Mageia 4 PulseAudio with Audigy CA0106

Postby shadowx » May 9th, '14, 00:30

Hi,

I have recently moved from Mageia 3 to Mageia 4. Everything seemed to work fine. Alas I have encountered a problem with my soundcard (SB Audigy SE with CA0106 chipset). When I play anything with any video player (MPlayer, Dragon Player) or audio player (Amarok), it hangs after few minutes of playing. Only stopping and playing again helps.

MPlayer says:
Code: Select all
AO: [pulse] pa_stream_get_sink_input_info() failed: Bad state
AO: [pulse] pa_stream_write() failed: Bad state
AO: [pulse] pa_stream_get_latency() failed: Bad state
AO: [pulse] pa_stream_get_latency() failed: Bad state

I have checked the journalctl for some information and found this:
[native language]
kwi 13 23:18:38 shadow pulseaudio[20974]: [alsa-sink-ca0106] alsa-sink.c: Usługa ALSA została wybudzona, aby zapisać nowe dane do urządzenia, ale nie było nic do zapisania.
kwi 13 23:18:38 shadow pulseaudio[20974]: [alsa-sink-ca0106] alsa-sink.c: Prawdopodobnie jest to błąd w sterowniku ALSA "snd_ca0106". Proszę zgłosić ten problem programistom usługi ALSA.
kwi 13 23:18:38 shadow pulseaudio[20974]: [alsa-sink-ca0106] alsa-sink.c: Wybudzono za pomocą ustawienia POLLOUT - ale jednoczesne wywołanie snd_pcm_avail() zwróciło zero lub inną wartość < min_avail.

In english it would be something like:
E: alsa-sink.c: ALSA woke us up to write new data to the device, but there was actually nothing to write!
E: alsa-sink.c: Most likely this is a bug in the ALSA driver 'snd_ca0106'. Please report this issue to the ALSA developers.
E: alsa-sink.c: We were woken up with POLLOUT set -- however a subsequent snd_pcm_avail() returned 0 or another value < min_avail.

While I still have the Mageia 3 installation, I have checked the journalctl. Surprisingly, MGA3 has the same error but the sound works perfectly with PA.
The only significant difference I could spot is a PulseAudio 5.0 on MGA4 and PulseAudio 3 on MGA 3.

I have also checked previous kernels, and MGA 4 Live DVD. The result was the same.
I have even tried "tsched=0" in /etc/pulse/default.pa, but no luck.
Finally I have tried Kubuntu 14.04 with similar kernel and PA 4.0 and there is no such problem there !

Any idea, how to solve this issue ?
shadowx

Return to Sound