facebook audio and video chat sound not working on my end

facebook audio and video chat sound not working on my end

Postby lloyd » Aug 21st, '18, 15:51

Ok...as my subject line says...I can't get sound on my end to work properly. What I mean by that is that I can't reply to anyone using voice (I'm using Mageia 6, KDE)
I was chatting with a friend in Australia who is using Linux Mint 18.3. His voice and picture come through loud and clear. But I can't transmit anything. I am using what Linux recognizes as a Logitech USB microphone. I know it works because I successfully used it with KWave. But he can't hear me on his end. This morning, I tried Facebook audio chat using my virtualized copy of Windows 10, which does work. However, I'd prefer not to have to that if possible. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.
lloyd

Re: facebook audio and video chat sound not working on my en

Postby doktor5000 » Aug 21st, '18, 18:37

Hi, you don't even mention what browser you're using.

Apart from that, there are a few threads here about similar topics, e.g. viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10507
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby lloyd » Aug 22nd, '18, 00:25

Ok, I just checked version numbers for my browser. Firefox 52.9 ESR and Chromium 68. Neither of which worked. They both receive fine. I just can't send anything. I'm going to try the latest version of Firefox (v61.0.2) and see if it makes a difference.
lloyd

Postby lloyd » Aug 22nd, '18, 00:48

I just installed Firefox 61.0.2 as a test. It didn't work either.
lloyd

Return to Sound