HTML 5 audio issue

HTML 5 audio issue

Postby silverbird » Oct 2nd, '15, 05:11

Hello I am having an issue where I can play an HTML 5 video no problem, but no audio comes out. Flash has no problem with audio. It's confuzzleing me.
silverbird

Re: HTML 5 audio issue

Postby doktor5000 » Oct 2nd, '15, 12:10

As you didn't post any example link to a video that is not working, I can only guess - you're missing some codecs.
Please enable the nonfree and tainted repositories, and then install task-codec-audio and task-codec-video and maybe also faad2
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby silverbird » Oct 2nd, '15, 21:26

I have non-free and tainted repositories enabled.
silverbird

Postby Renato » Oct 18th, '15, 23:20

Hi, Silverbird, it's not enough to have repos enabled. As Doktor5000 suggested, it is necessary to install some codecs.

That can be done with the Mageia Control Center, in the Software installation part, in case you don't know how to this. Be sure to make it show all packages, not just the "packages with graphical interface".

You may want to read the following bugs for additional info: bug 15043 and bug 16316 (they can be searched at bugs.mageia.org).
Renato

Postby hankivy » Oct 24th, '15, 07:02

Addendum: :cry: I thought my browser audio issues were fixed. Sound worked for a while. But now Facebook posts that had video's (without working sound/audio) crash the browser, Firefox. I can cope better without audio (for some videos) than a crashing browser. I will back out changes to see what works best.

------
My Original Post:

There is a comment near the end of the bug 15043 notes. It was very relevant to my browser audio issues. See https://bugs.mageia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=15043#c24 It contains a link to an article that fixed my browser audio issues. :)

I should give credit to Renato Dali for his comment. The link to the article he found is http://www.ghacks.net/2014/07/25/enable-mse-h2-64-support-youtube-firefox-right-now/
hankivy

Postby Renato » Nov 2nd, '15, 06:39

All the credit should go to the article author, Martin Brinkmann, and to the guys who came up with these ideas. I'm sorry it made FF crash for you... please note I had installed other packages, too, to have audio working (it's all written in previous comments in that same bug).

Good luck and keep trying.
Renato

Return to Sound