Pulseaudio hell, Alsa to rescue?

Pulseaudio hell, Alsa to rescue?

Postby setlec » Aug 26th, '11, 09:08

hello guys!

Here is my problem i made a clean install of mageia and i installed by default with gnome. so once installed nothing is wrong it's all nice but i'm having sound lag on games (Doom 3, Prey and ETQW) and on movies players! so unable to solve that i decided to disable this P.o.S. sound server and go back a perfectly fine ALSA. But here comes the funny part alsa doesn't find any sound card on my poor mainboard (asus P5n-T Deluxe with nforce chipset) default driver when i was still running mandriva as SND_intel_something. So i've installed ALSAconf to the rescue no card detected...

i really don't know what to do i've stopped alsa servicen run alsaconf in a init 4 (no graphical blob to cause problem) and nothing gets detected.

Any clue?
setlec

Re: Pulseaudio hell, Alsa to rescue?

Postby zugunder » Aug 27th, '11, 00:49

But as far as I remember, you can manually choose the proper driver from the list in MCC. Try several of them, hope something will work.

BTW, there is a separate subforum on problems with audio - you'd better post there :-).
zugunder

Re: Pulseaudio hell, Alsa to rescue?

Postby doktor5000 » Aug 27th, '11, 00:54

zugunder wrote:BTW, there is a separate subforum on problems with audio - you'd better post there :-).

Already moved :)
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Return to Sound