[SOLVED] Problems with Akregator

[SOLVED] Problems with Akregator

Postby zugunder » Jan 5th, '12, 20:16

Hi,

For some reason, Akregator has stopped working with one of the services (namely, livejournal.com). It happened a week ago or so, so probably it is somehow connected to one of the recent updates of the network software...
As I said, Akregator can't connect to the feeds and can't add any new feeds from that service. The error is always the same:
Code: Select all
Could not fetch feed: Feed file not found on remote server

When I am trying to create a new feed from this service, I always get a message that it can't connect, neither RSS nor Atom work. Many other services, such as Mageia RSS or some from feedburner, etc, work fine.
Two more peculiar things are that
a) Akregator can't open in new tabs the links from the body of the feed, only the whole message. Opening with external browser however is OK.
b) The column with total number of items in each feed disappeared in all feeds from all services. I do not think I changed anything serious in settings apart from the fonts (there are not so many of them anyway).
It happens now with any feed, even those working properly, and I am pretty sure it was not like this a couple of weeks ago.
Initially I thought it was a problem with livejournal.com management, so I tried Liferea and it works perfectly with all services, including livejournal.com!

Could anyone confirm that?
Could it happen because the remote server may for some reason be blocking the Akregator's requests?

Mageia 1 x86_64, KDE.

Thank you.

P.S. Not sure if it is of any use, but here is what I have in terminal, when I start Akregator and then try to fetch one of the feeds and finally when I closed it:
Code: Select all
$ akregator
Object::connect: No such signal Akregator::SubscriptionListView::signalDropped (KUrl::List &, Akregator::TreeNode*, Akregator::Folder*)
Object::connect:  (sender name:   'feedtree')
Object::connect:  (receiver name: 'akregator_view')

$ QPainter::end: Painter ended with 2 saved states
QPainter::end: Painter ended with 2 saved states
file retriever error: 149

akregator(3703)/kdeui (kdelibs) KXMLGUIClient::~KXMLGUIClient: 0x1321c20 deleted without having been removed from the factory first. This will leak standalone popupmenus and could lead to crashes.
zugunder

Re: Problems with Akregator

Postby zugunder » Jan 6th, '12, 00:13

UPD. Sorry, my fault - I somehow disabled browser identification in Konqueror... now everything is OK.
Sorry again... :oops:
zugunder

Return to Networking