[SOLVED]VPN connection removal (probably very stupid problem

[SOLVED]VPN connection removal (probably very stupid problem

Postby sojkovec » Feb 3rd, '21, 22:03

Well, title says the question. I need to remove badly setup openvpn configuration (not modify, just delete). netapplet allows me to add/modify a connection, but option to remove one is missing. Already got through /etc and found nothing. From where is the config loaded? Thanks.
Last edited by sojkovec on Feb 4th, '21, 23:17, edited 1 time in total.
sojkovec

Re: VPN connection removal (probably very stupid problem)

Postby doktor5000 » Feb 4th, '21, 01:08

AFAIR the openvpn configs are stored below /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/vpn.d/openvpn/
Removal might be possible with drakconnect --del and you would need to select the openvpn connection there.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby sojkovec » Feb 4th, '21, 18:37

Thank you, found it. Seems that netapplet gui does not generate correct config file. After fixing it manually I am able to connect to my ovpn server. Still nothing coming through, so probalby some firewall rule. This could be closed I guess.
sojkovec

Postby doktor5000 » Feb 4th, '21, 18:50

Please mark it as solved by editing the subject of the original post and prefixing it with [SOLVED], thanks in advance.

Regarding nothing coming through, have a look at the various openvpn / vpn threads. Sometimes the routing is missing, sometime no DNS is configured for the VPN connection. Sometimes the firewall is not configured to include the VPN connection.
It would probably help if you would add some output from /sbin/ip a & /sbin/ip r and your /etc/resolv.conf
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby sojkovec » Feb 4th, '21, 23:14

Nope, tunnel interface was not allowed to do anything by netfilter, client side, routing fine. A little bit inconvenient, but I can access my machines at work. Anyway, good day/night.
sojkovec

Return to Networking