Problem with Filezilla

Problem with Filezilla

Postby dwhite » Jun 9th, '17, 12:37

I've just started using a TP-link wireless router, so now I'm using Vodafone's mobile phone network to access the internet. Suddenly I can't access my web space, although other things have happened, my web space provider has upgraded their servers and I reinstalled M5.1. Filezilla own network configuring tool says the external IP address is at fault.
Now I've assembled a GA 320M-H AMD Chip and an ASUS Geforce GT 710
dwhite

Re: Problem with Filezilla

Postby doktor5000 » Jun 9th, '17, 14:42

Can you access your web space with anything else? Say, any browser, file manager or maybe curl/wget?
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby dwhite » Jun 9th, '17, 17:06

I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear, I use it as my homepage in Firefox, so the content I haven't been able to edit for weeks is at http://www.british-ethanol.co.uk. I've upgraded to M6 as I saw the R C was out and as long as the latest Filezilla works at all I'm doing better than I was. To be honest so much has changed with my email company, my web page host, my 4G mobile broadband ISP, I can't tell if it's a bug or the change in the ISP's firewalls, but at least now I can keep a PAYG SIM to back up my internet access and be back on-line in minuets. With any luck the filezilla problem will be gone now I've upgraded.
Well it hasn't Mageia 6 seems well worth waiting for though. Mageia says its a Release candidate officially it might be, but it's better finished than many editions I've used.
dwhite

Problem with Filezilla

Postby dwhite » Jun 14th, '17, 13:33

M6 seems to misquote the external IP, this makes connecting to anything impossible.
dwhite

Postby doktor5000 » Jun 14th, '17, 18:38

dwhite wrote:M6 seems to misquote the external IP, this makes connecting to anything impossible.

And why do you think so? What exactly do you see in filezilla's message log area for your connection attempt? See https://wiki.filezilla-project.org/FileZilla_Client_Tutorial_(en)#Connecting_to_a_server for some description on the various window areas in filezilla. Do you use a connection that is saved in site manager, or do you always enter IP/hostname, username and such each time?

I've just tested filezilla under mga6 and it works just fine, I tested with an FTPS server. As you don't provide any actual details on the connection you're trying to establish can't really help you any further unless you provide some actual details or at least a few bits of essential information needed to help you.

Please remember, other people can only help you as far as you provide a meaningful problem description an some actual details. If the only thing is "it doesn't work" then there's only so much others can do apart from basic troubleshooting hints.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby dwhite » Jun 15th, '17, 03:26

I'm sorry if I don't give as detailed question as you need I'm doing the best I can. Your saying that RCM6 Filezilla works for you is a help, 'it's not a bug then. It could be my hardware or more like likely the firewalls of the ISP I've had the same motherboard for a couple of editions so unless M6 reacts badly it's probably the ISP's firewalls.
I've managed to update my site using a tool (l think) called paper lantern instead of logging on remotely and uploading a finished site, I logged on to the server and I edited my stuff on the server.
dwhite

Return to Networking