SrEditor - scanner rules editor

SrEditor - scanner rules editor

Postby mgauser » Jul 27th, '21, 11:57

Hi. I have a Panasonic KX-MB1500 (printer+scanner). The printer drivers and the printer itself are installed and work for me without problems. But with the scanner, I had to dig around manually all the time (60-libsane.rules). Yesterday I spat on this matter and made a SrEditor. Now my problem with the scanner has disappeared.

SrEditor allows you to automatic add and apply rules for scanners that are not in the list of /etc/udev/rules.d/60-libsane.rules in one click. At the first start, it shows a list of USB devices connected to the computer. Selecting entries in the list with the mouse, the search result will be displayed in field (2): if the device (its vendor and product number) is not in the list of rules, it offers to insert a ready-made rule containing idVendor and idProduct. We find the necessary scanner in the list, press the "+" button and after restarting we get a device available for XSane. If something is wrong, you can always roll back to default by pressing the next button. Do not forget to include the user in the usb group.

Maybe it will also be useful to someone:
---
https://github.com/AKotov-dev/sreditor
https://github.com/AKotov-dev/sreditor/releases

Best regards,
Alex
MSI H81M-ECO, Intel Core i3-4130T, Intel HD Graphics 4400 | Mageia-9 Budgie 10.6.4 x86_64
mgauser

Re: SrEditor - scanner rules editor

Postby doktor5000 » Jul 27th, '21, 17:06

Thanks for sharing :)

But that is what scannerdrake is supposed to do ...
It might be better to submit a patch against scannerdrake (part of drakxtools) then to add another external tool, which is supposed to do the same thing, no ?
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Re: SrEditor - scanner rules editor

Postby mgauser » Jul 27th, '21, 18:16

Hello, doktor5000.
I am very glad to meet you again on the vastness of the world Wide Web. :)

You are right about how it should be. But in reality, we have the following: scannerdrake sees the scanner and says that it is available in the system, but there is no scanner in the applications. XSane and others begin to see the scanner only after manual manipulations with the 60-libsane.rules file. At the same time, scannerdrake still continues to see the scanner and says that it is available in the system.

Drivers for my Panasonic KX-MB1500 printer and scanner: https://panasonic.net/cns/pcc/support/f ... river.html
MSI H81M-ECO, Intel Core i3-4130T, Intel HD Graphics 4400 | Mageia-9 Budgie 10.6.4 x86_64
mgauser

Return to Printers and Scanners