Samsung CLP-415N install problem

Samsung CLP-415N install problem

Postby chriskross » Aug 3rd, '18, 21:06

I've successfully used previous, similar Samsung printers, but can't get this one to install. I've downloaded and installed the drivers
, but when I run the printer setup to search, I get a popup saying I must log in to access MYGROUP. I've tried root password and my own user password, but neither gives me access.
Last edited by doktor5000 on Aug 4th, '18, 14:22, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: adjusted thread title
chriskross

Re: Samsung CLP-360 install problem

Postby doktor5000 » Aug 4th, '18, 04:32

You may want to add some information on how the printer is actually connected to your box, is it via USB or is that some shared network printer ... ?
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Re: Samsung CLP-360 install problem

Postby chriskross » Aug 4th, '18, 10:09

It's a basic USB connection.

And apologies: it's a CLP-415N (my previous one was the 360!)
chriskross

Re: Samsung CLP-415N install problem

Postby wintpe » Aug 7th, '18, 16:05

when you say you have downloaded , do you mean you have tried to download non mageia drivers or you installed them using MCC -> hardware -> printers -> add printer

as i installed an 1810w using mageias standard drivers (very similar looking samsung printer) and it worked no problem, definitly did not need to download any non mageia supplied drivers.

i mean why would you when mageia supplies them.

or did you try that first and it did not find the printer?

I ask this as an obvious question as you only have 7 posts and may not be aware in most cases you dont need third part drivers

regards peter
Redhat 6 Certified Engineer (RHCE)
Sometimes my posts will sound short, or snappy, however its realy not my intention to offend, so accept my apologies in advance.
wintpe

Re: Samsung CLP-415N install problem

Postby chriskross » Aug 8th, '18, 08:07

I couldn't get Mageia to detect the printer, so I installed Samsung's ULD. That installed OK, but still couldn't detect. CUPS didn't show it up either. But I've now achieved it - not sure how, I cahnged to IceWM and went via Printer Settings and I was able to complete. I've been round this loop so many times, I don't understand what I did differently!
chriskross

Return to Printers and Scanners