Another scanner install

Another scanner install

Postby rodgoslin » Apr 10th, '16, 23:47

I'm not sure whether I should have inclusded this in my earlier posrt re- Epson Perfection scanner. However... having failed to install the Epson scanner, I've turned to the scanner that that one replaced. A Canon pixma MG3150. With this one I had better luck, since the Control Centre did actually find it, although it was identified as an MG3100, with the message
The following scanner

- CANON Canon PIXMA MG3100 multi-function peripheral

is available on your system.

There were four options Search for new scanners, Add a scanner manually, Scanner sharing , and Quit. There was no indication that the scanner was installed, or needed installing. In any case the scanner was not on the list under add a scanner manually. The application Launcher has three options for scanning Acquire Images, Simple Scan or X-Sane scanning. Opening X-Sane brought up a popup, which persisted for at least half a second, before disappearing. After which nothing happened over a number of minutes. Clicking on the icon again, the popup re-appeared for very slightly longer, and I was able to catch "Scanning for devices". Surely not a pun. However, that brought up an error message "Failed to open device, device busy". That's the stage I'm at. I'd dearly like to scan from Mageia, but although I've been using the genre ever since early versions of mandrak, never once have I ever managed to use a scanner on the system. I've always had to scan from Windows, and copy the files over to where I can work on them, I've used scanners for nany years, going back to venerable units which cost serious money and came equipped with their own built in multiple document scanners. Any help would be valued, otherwise the next step will be to photograph the original and import it via Digicam
rodgoslin

Return to Printers and Scanners