Okular hangs at printing single pages

Okular hangs at printing single pages

Postby Erik » Oct 15th, '15, 13:24

Yesterday I wanted to print a few pages form a pdf-file with the help of Okular version 0.20.3 on KDE 4.14.5 of Mageia 5 fully updated.

Printing al pages of a file works as expected. Printing one page and after this one another Okular prints the first page as expected and hangs at printing the second page. The only way to get this one printed is to kill Okular. When Okular stops running printing starts. The same occurs when I print a range of pages (normal) and after this another range of the same file (Okular hangs, printing starts at killing Okular.

I tried the same in Rosa Fresh R5, fully updated with Okular version 0.20.3 and KDE 4.14.12. Here all printing options print as expected.

In Mageia 5 I removed okularrc, okularpartrc and the directory okular under the directory .kde4, but his did not solve the problem. Is this just on my computer, or is the problem general in Magei 5? And: what can be done to solve the problem, except printing with qpdfview?

Greetings, and keep up the good work!

Erik
Erik

Re: Okular hangs at printing single pages

Postby jkerr82508 » Oct 15th, '15, 15:54

jkerr82508

Postby Erik » Oct 15th, '15, 20:36

Thank you, Jom, for your link. Now that I know it is a bug and not just me, I shall use qpdfview or Rosa Fresh till the problem is solved upstream.

Greetings,

Erik.
Erik

Postby Erik » Oct 16th, '15, 10:21

Today I got an update of CUPS. Itried again to print two separate pages and did not succeed. So I guess it is not a problem with CUPS.

Greetings to all.

Erik
Erik

Return to Printers and Scanners