Flash problem

Flash problem

Postby spawn » Aug 2nd, '11, 16:33

Hello today i had to format my laptop and i guess everything went fine but now i try to open youtube.com even tho i have installed the flashplayer installed successfully but now seems like there's a problem somewhere the prvents me from opening youtube videos so what's the problem in this case thanks
spawn

Re: Flash problem

Postby doktor5000 » Aug 2nd, '11, 16:38

Please, some more information.

What browser are you using, how have you installed which flash plugin, and are you running a i586 or 64bit system?
Also please show the output of
Code: Select all
rpm -qa | grep flash
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby spawn » Aug 2nd, '11, 19:23

i'm using Chrome "google" and i tried the RPM package and the yum and both of then installed as they should exactly like what i did in the live CD but now they aren't working for some reason i don't know
and the output of the command you sent me is

Code: Select all
kipi-plugins-flashexport-1.9.0-3.mga1
flash-plugin-10.3.181.34-release
spawn

Postby doktor5000 » Aug 2nd, '11, 19:57

You used the RPM package which is offered directly from Adobe?
Please use the one from the non-free repository, you need to enable that first, for that got to
Mageia Control Center → Software Management → “Configure media sources for install and update”
and check that non-free_release and non-free_updates are enabled (the checkboxes in the first column)

After you know they are enabled, just install flash-player-plugin.

If you're using Google Chrome directly from Google, then you need to copy the plugin in chrome's plugin folder.
But i'd advise you to use chromium-browser packages from the software sources, so you get automatic updates
and have less problems with such plugins ;)
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Return to Video