[SOLVED]Text disappear in Libre Office Writer

[SOLVED]Text disappear in Libre Office Writer

Postby sputnik » Feb 10th, '15, 23:42

Greetings,

I have so "much trouble" with Mageia that I have forgot my user name and password :lol: at community pages. Transferred from 3 to 4 ad the start of the year, with grate ease. Set up everything and waited for business year to start. Now I have major problem with Libre Office Writer, text disappears when scrolling and typing.
I have "the famous" ATI Radeon HD Mobility 2400 XT graphic card. I have tried everything, like changing drivers legacy and Xorg, changing settings and options for them (EXA), changing View options in Libre Office (acceleration and anti aliasing), adding fix, installed testing version of Libre office...........................every combination and every idea that is around. The first of all I know that the best solution is to buy new laptop but that isn't option for the next 4 months and the second I am not good with finding solutions on the web ( for that reason I have installed Mageia :) ). Please be kind and advise me how to resolve disappearing text.

Best Regards
Last edited by sputnik on Mar 12th, '15, 19:48, edited 1 time in total.
sputnik

Re: Text disappear in Libre Office Writer

Postby martinw » Feb 13th, '15, 21:06

I do recall a similar problem with my old laptop and OpenOffice, many years ago. If I remember correctly, disabling power saving in the graphics driver fixed the problem for me. Of course the graphics drivers have had many changes since then, so this may no longer work (or even be possible). I no longer have that laptop, so can't test this myself.
martinw

Re: Text disappear in Libre Office Writer

Postby sputnik » Feb 16th, '15, 12:26

Thank you very much for your reply.
Changing power options didn't help. I have tried other desktops and only XFCE doesn't have that problem. I assume that 256 MB of shared memory is to low for KDE. BIOS is locked as usually on old laptops I cant change it.

Best Regards
sputnik

Re: [SOLVED]Text disappear in Libre Office Writer

Postby sputnik » Mar 12th, '15, 19:52

Greetings,

Mageia 4 XFICE and Ubuntu LXLE doesn't have any problem with disappearing text in Libre office writer on 2008 Acer Travelmate 5720.
Thank you.

Best Regards
sputnik

Return to Video