Impossible find the decoder for reproduce videos

Impossible find the decoder for reproduce videos

Postby pabform » Mar 31st, '14, 12:32

I tried to play the videos taken from youtube but I have not found a program that I support them, nor vlc neither player nor pink dragon, and in other operating systems functioned well. The message that appeared advised me to report the error and send it for verification. The message said that served the decoder mpeg-4 aac and could not find it, and to report the bug. Can you help?
pabform

Re: Impossible find the decoder for reproduce videos

Postby Latte » Mar 31st, '14, 15:04

you said, you have tried it with VLC? But did you installed the tainted version of VLC, which contains some additional codecs and the non-tainted version does not contain?

please show us the output of
Code: Select all
rpm -qa | grep vlc

and
urpmq --list-media active
Latte

Postby ozky » Mar 31st, '14, 20:33

Have you installed task-codec-audio and task-codec-video ?.
Mageia user
ozky

Postby pabform » Apr 1st, '14, 11:17

msg2.png
msg2.png (204.21 KiB) Viewed 3949 times
mag1.png
mag1.png (203.51 KiB) Viewed 3949 times

I tried to install these codecs too
libxine2-codecs k3b-codecs ffmpeg lame gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ugly gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ugly-orig-addon gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ffmpeg libdvdcss2
but I see the video and hear nothing, I reconfigured the panel of pulseaudio but without result
pabform

Postby wintpe » Apr 1st, '14, 11:23

try bino

i find this sometimes plays audio when vlc and mplayer dont

regards peter
Redhat 6 Certified Engineer (RHCE)
Sometimes my posts will sound short, or snappy, however its realy not my intention to offend, so accept my apologies in advance.
wintpe

Postby Latte » Apr 1st, '14, 11:44

Hi pabform,

from your screenshots it's clear that you did not activated your tainted repos and therefor you have the 'un-tainted' version of vlc installed, where some codecs are missing. Please see https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Software_management how to activate your tainted repos. Probably you just have to tick the tainted repos in the 'Configure media' screen (but only 'Tainted Release' and 'Tainted Updates' not Testing or Debug)

After you have activated the repos you can do an
urpmi --auto-update
This should update your vlc to the tainted version. And I would check if you will install some additional vlc-plugins (you can check the additional tainted vlc-plugins in the mcc or in the terminal via urpmq search).

pabform wrote:I tried to install these codecs too
libxine2-codecs k3b-codecs ffmpeg lame gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ugly gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ugly-orig-addon gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ffmpeg libdvdcss2
Also these package can be installed, after you have activated the tainted repos.
Latte

Postby pabform » Apr 1st, '14, 11:46

it is impossible to solve the problem?
pabform

Postby pabform » Apr 1st, '14, 12:24

I can not figure out how to activate the repository, my English is poor and I do not understand the method that describe the link you sent me. What I do not understand is that it works on other operating systems all with vlc and also with other programs (dragon player, Rose) do not know how to update my repository ...
pabform

Postby Latte » Apr 1st, '14, 13:28

OK, from my link, only the first part is important:

Please go to mcc: In the Mageia Control Center, click on 'Software management' and on 'Configure media sources for install and update'

in that window look for 'Tainted Core' and 'Tainted Updates' and check the tickboxes.

After that you log in in a konsole as root and type:
urpmi --auto-updates

pabform wrote: What I do not understand is that it works on other operating systems all with vlc and also with other programs (dragon player, Rose)
The point is that we have a tainted repo, because in some countries there are some legal conflicts with the law (about copyright, etc...) for some codecs and so these codecs are split into a separate repo. So if you are located in such a country you can choose, to stay 100% on the legal site by not using the tainted repos.

pabform wrote:my English is poor and I do not understand the method that describe the link you sent me
I'm sorry, I try to explain it in simply words. Did you check if there is a forum in your native language available? Maybe you can ask there?

Marc
Latte

Postby pabform » Apr 1st, '14, 14:04

Yes there is a site in Italian and I have already started a discussion, I hope that I meet, is that I have urgency to resolve this matter, you know? Thanks anyway. :)
pabform

Return to Video