Dual Monitor and touchscreen mouse pointer not working right

Dual Monitor and touchscreen mouse pointer not working right

Postby reltek » Jan 24th, '20, 17:18

I have a computer with a single video card with dual HDMI, DVI-D and other ports. I use mainly the HDMIs and the DVI-D port. I connected primary monitor on the DVI-D and the secondary monitor on one of the HDMI port. In the Mageia 5 display settings, I am able to Unify the monitors. At boot, primary monitor comes up first and then followed by the secondary monitor. They both are mirrored or show the same Mageia 5 desktop. At this point, if you move the mouse pointer with your mouse around the primary screen as long as you you don't move the mouse pointer beyond your monitor's resolution, mouse pointer works. But as soon as you move the pointer beyond the resolution, mouse pointer totally disappears and the only way to get it back is to reboot the computer.

Second issue I have is that on the secondary monitor which has touchscreen capability, whenever I touch the screen with my finger and move the mouse pointer it is OFFSET from my finger location on the screen to the RIGHT and the mouse pointer moves EXPONENTIALLY. Closer your finger is to the left the of the screen, the closer the mouse pointer is to your finger's location.

This I can't figure out. I have used xinput_calibrator successfully, but it didn't fix the mouse pointer. And I thought of writing my own script or shell program that would run in the back restricting the mouse pointer to monitor only or the desktop, but that would mess up the mouse pointer when using the mouse. I've been looking on the Internet for some sort of hints or clues, but nothings helped so far.
reltek

Re: Dual Monitor and touchscreen mouse pointer not working r

Postby morgano » Jan 27th, '20, 18:30

Hi relek,

First, why not update to Mageia 7? For security, later versions of most - including probably improved tools for things like this.

What desktop are you on? I.e KDE/Plasma on Mageia 7 have easy GUI for multiple screens.
Mandriva since 2006, Mageia 2011 at home & work. Thinkpad T40, T43, T400, T510, Dell M4400, M6300, Acer Aspire 7. Workstation using LVM, LUKS, VirtualBox, BOINC
morgano

Return to Video