DevedE 4.14.0

DevedE 4.14.0

Postby lloyd » Oct 1st, '19, 13:20

I think I may have found a bug in Devede 4.14.0 as shipped with Mageia 7. Specifically, the problem relates to the disc menu. The menu is created fine. The problem is, is that you can't actually select a title to be played. The title is there all right; there's just no action if you try to select it. I tried playing the disc with VLC. It didn't work. So I popped the disc in my DVD player. Same result...as in nothing. To test it out, I found an older copy of Devede for Windows, and used the same file to create a disc and menu...which worked perfectly. The disc played with no problems.
Last edited by doktor5000 on Oct 1st, '19, 17:56, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: adjusted subject
lloyd

Re: DevedE 4.14.0

Postby lloyd » Oct 19th, '19, 14:51

Now, I'm thinking the bug is NOT in DeVeDe 4.14.0, but rather in the latest version of ffmpeg (4.14?) I created a DVD using DeVeDe 4.14 WITHOUT a menu and using K3B to burn it. That all works just the way it should. Attempt #2...I created the same DVD WITH a menu. Everything else was the same. I actually DO get a menu...but it is NOT usable...you can't select anything on it, so the disc CAN'T be played. Should I submit a bug report?
lloyd

Postby doktor5000 » Oct 20th, '19, 16:17

lloyd wrote:Should I submit a bug report?

As you can reproduce it, sure. Although I'd report it there first: https://gitlab.com/rastersoft/devedeng/issues
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby lloyd » Oct 25th, '19, 16:19

Well, I think I've discovered what the actual problem is and it's not DeVeDe. I did a fresh install of Mageia 6 to try it out. DeVeDe 4.8.8 worked perfectly. I think the real problem may be DVDAuthor. The version in Mageia 6 (V.7.2.2) works perfectly. As soon as I "upgraded" it to v.7.2.2.2, it broke. Doesn't work under Mageia 7, either.
lloyd

Postby doktor5000 » Oct 25th, '19, 17:07

How in particular did it break / don't work ?
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby lloyd » Oct 25th, '19, 23:58

doktor5000 wrote:How in particular did it break / don't work ?

Well, it DID create the menu. The problem was, the menu turned out to be unusable. Normally, the menu defaults to a light blue color. You click on it and the DVD plays. What happened when it DIDN'T work...the menu is whit (not blue, as before) and clicking on it does nothing. The DVD does not play. You can't go past the menu.
lloyd

[SOLVED!] Re: DevedeNG 4.14.0

Postby lloyd » Dec 12th, '19, 17:24

It turns out the problem is NOT DevedeNG, but rather, dvdauthor. I downloaded the source code, unpacked it, and noticed there was something called graphics-magick patch. So I went to Software Installer and installed the graphics-magick RPM and its associated library. (I guess it really should be installed automatically if dvdauthor is installed...but it isn't) BUT, it DID fix the problem, and the menus now work properly! So, I'm happy.

I want to thank you for your help!
lloyd

Postby doktor5000 » Dec 12th, '19, 19:09

FWIW, I've added that information to your bugreport: https://bugs.mageia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=25861
----
doktor5000

Return to Video