Black screen (Solved)

Black screen (Solved)

Postby GersonLearchman » Aug 21st, '19, 13:57

Morning, everybody.
I haven't used Mageia in years and now I'm surprised by how polished and nice to use, I already have it as my main but I've noticed that at times when the screen is suspended, when you return and set the password, the screen is black, I have to press: "Ctrl+Alt+Supr" to display the logout and restart.
What can it be?
I use a Compaq laptop with Intel 4Gb RAM and Mageia 7.1 updated.
Last edited by GersonLearchman on Dec 24th, '19, 20:46, edited 1 time in total.
Quien no teme preguntar, no teme aprender. :idea:
GersonLearchman

Re: Black screen

Postby GersonLearchman » Dec 18th, '19, 12:35

I discovered that this is because an update has replaced libraries that were in use. It doesn't happen very often, but it's annoying. Wait a while for the update to finish and restart.
GersonLearchman

Re: Black screen (Solved)

Postby GersonLearchman » Dec 24th, '19, 20:51

By the way I recommend while you are doing the updates, not to work with any program because some of them will not work properly for example Dolphin (it happened to me) and also to entertain yourself with the mouse (without clicking) so that the screen saver does not start working and a black window appears although it is easily solved with the following commands:
Open a terminal with Ctrl + Alt + F2; enter your username and password and then type:
# loginctl unlock-session c2
give ENTER and then press Ctrl + Alt + F1 keys at the same time to continue with the visual environment.
Attachments
107736861_117477.jpg
107736861_117477.jpg (76.49 KiB) Viewed 781 times
GersonLearchman

Return to Video