[SOLVED] Can't get MakeMKV working in Mageia 7

[SOLVED] Can't get MakeMKV working in Mageia 7

Postby maxtog » Aug 3rd, '19, 00:07

Well, it does compile, but has an error. After installing the appropriate dev system stuff, ./configure passes. Then I perform the make. In the middle of the output is this:

Code: Select all
gcc -g -O2 -D_linux_   -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_REENTRANT -shared -Wl,-z,defs -oout/libmakemkv.so.1.full -I./libebml/inc -DEBML_NO_READ -DEBML_STRICT_API -DEBML_DEBUG \
-I./libmatroska/inc -I./libmakemkv/inc -I./sstring/inc -I./makemkvgui/inc -I./libabi/inc \
-I./libffabi/inc libebml/src/EbmlBinary.cpp libebml/src/EbmlContexts.cpp libebml/src/EbmlCrc32.cpp libebml/src/EbmlDate.cpp libebml/src/EbmlDummy.cpp libebml/src/EbmlElement.cpp libebml/src/EbmlFloat.cpp libebml/src/EbmlHead.cpp libebml/src/EbmlMaster.cpp libebml/src/EbmlSInteger.cpp libebml/src/EbmlString.cpp libebml/src/EbmlSubHead.cpp libebml/src/EbmlUInteger.cpp libebml/src/EbmlUnicodeString.cpp libebml/src/EbmlVersion.cpp libebml/src/EbmlVoid.cpp libebml/src/IOCallback.cpp libebml/src/MemIOCallback.cpp  libmatroska/src/FileKax.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxAttached.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxAttachments.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxBlock.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxBlockData.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxCluster.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxContexts.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxCues.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxCuesData.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxInfoData.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxSeekHead.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxSeggcc -g -O2 -D_linux_   -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_REENTRANT -shared -Wl,-z,defs -oout/libmakemkv.so.1.full -I./libebml/inc -DEBML_NO_READ -DEBML_STRICT_API -DEBML_DEBUG \
-I./libmatroska/inc -I./libmakemkv/inc -I./sstring/inc -I./makemkvgui/inc -I./libabi/inc \
-I./libffabi/inc libebml/src/EbmlBinary.cpp libebml/src/EbmlContexts.cpp libebml/src/EbmlCrc32.cpp libebml/src/EbmlDate.cpp libebml/src/EbmlDummy.cpp libebml/src/EbmlElement.cpp libebml/src/EbmlFloat.cpp libebml/src/EbmlHead.cpp libebml/src/EbmlMaster.cpp libebml/src/EbmlSInteger.cpp libebml/src/EbmlString.cpp libebml/src/EbmlSubHead.cpp libebml/src/EbmlUInteger.cpp libebml/src/EbmlUnicodeString.cpp libebml/src/EbmlVersion.cpp libebml/src/EbmlVoid.cpp libebml/src/IOCallback.cpp libebml/src/MemIOCallback.cpp  libmatroska/src/FileKax.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxAttached.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxAttachments.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxBlock.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxBlockData.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxCluster.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxContexts.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxCues.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxCuesData.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxInfoData.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxSeekHead.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxSegment.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxTracks.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxVersion.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxSemantic.cpp libmakemkv/src/ebmlwrite.cpp libmakemkv/src/libmkv.cpp libmakemkv/src/version.cpp libmakemkv/src/world.cpp libmakemkv/src/stdstring.cpp  sstring/src/sstring.cpp \
libabi/src/ossl_aes.c libabi/src/ossl_sha.c libabi/src/ossl_ec.c libabi/src/zlib.c libabi/src/xpat.c libabi/src/libm.c libabi/src/httplinux.cpp makemkvgui/src/api_linux.cpp libabi/src/sys_linux.c makemkvgui/src/spawn_posix.cpp libffabi/src/ffabi.c libffabi/src/mlp.c libffabi/src/log.c libffabi/src/audio_convert.c libffabi/src/audio_mix.c libffabi/src/audio_mix_matrix.c \
-DHAVE_BUILDINFO_H -Itmp  \
-fPIC -Xlinker -dy -Xlinker --version-script=libmakemkv/src/libmakemkv.vers \
-Xlinker -soname=libmakemkv.so.1 -lc -lstdc++ -lcrypto -lz -lexpat -lavcodec -lavutil  -lrt -lm -lrt
libffabi/src/ffabi.c: In function ‘ffm_init’:
libffabi/src/ffabi.c:153:5: warning: ‘avcodec_register_all’ is deprecated [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
     avcodec_register_all();
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from libffabi/src/ffabi.c:22:
/usr/include/libavcodec/avcodec.h:4102:6: note: declared here
 void avcodec_register_all(void);
      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But it keeps going and compiles other parts after with no other warnings or errors. So I install it and try to run it and it will pop up the correct GUI and say "MakeMKV v1.14.4 linux (x64-release) started" "Internal error: open ssl test 00FC failed" "Downloading latest SDF to /home/XXXXX/.MakeMKV" then it pauses a while and a pop up appears saying "Fatal error occurred, program will now exit." Started over several times, re-downloaded the tars, removed $HOME/.MakeMKV, same thing.

Just as a test, I tried to run makemkv as root (via su), same thing. In desperation, I tried to install an old compilation from Mageia 5 and that is hopeless- it links to too many older libraries.

I am kinda stuck. Has anyone successfully compiled, installed, and used Makemkv in Mageia 7? Thanks for any info.
Last edited by maxtog on Aug 11th, '19, 18:38, edited 3 times in total.
maxtog

Re: Can't get MakeMKV working in Mageia 7

Postby doktor5000 » Aug 3rd, '19, 14:01

The output you posted above is just a warning, it's pretty much irrelevant.

Although the openssl error has entries in their forums:
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16067
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16659
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby maxtog » Aug 3rd, '19, 14:16

doktor5000 wrote:The output you posted above is just a warning, it's pretty much irrelevant.

That is what I thought, at least at first.

Yep, already saw those. But those people weren't getting fatal errors trying to just start up the program like I am. They are actually able to insert discs and read them, I can't get anywhere near that far. It sees my drive OK. No errors on the command line after launching or exit. No errors in /var/log/messages either. Very frustrating.
Attachments
makemkv.png
makemkv.png (1.12 MiB) Viewed 4136 times
maxtog

Postby maxtog » Aug 5th, '19, 18:46

Has nobody on the forum tried makemkv in Mageia 7?
maxtog

Postby ITA84 » Aug 6th, '19, 09:25

Sorry, I just tried compiling it from source, and launching it just gave me a pop-up that said "Application failed to initialize", so even before your error
ITA84

Postby maxtog » Aug 6th, '19, 13:40

ITA84 wrote:Sorry, I just tried compiling it from source, and launching it just gave me a pop-up that said "Application failed to initialize", so even before your error

Actually, I saw that error too, at one point. Thank you so much for trying to compile/run it. At least I now know it isn't just me (this is a brand new machine, so it is hard to know it isn't hardware. The furthest I got is it showing the main window with the openssl error/warning, it saying it was "Downloading latest SDF to $HOME/.MakeMKV" then the popup occurs.

Somehow, I hadn't tried with another user (duh). I created one (fakeuser) and then su - that user and ran it. It got further. It spits out "QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-fakeuser'. Then about a 25 second delay with nothing, then the main window appears. No popup errors but in the main window I got "The program can't find any usable optical drives" (which isn't that unexpected since I am running it with "su" to another user). And sits there. Then if I run it a SECOND time, it does the same thing, then an additional pause, and THEN I get the same popup error as on me ("Fatal error occurred, program will now exit". I am going to try some additional tests, including logging in as that user, natively (although I don't expect much difference).

I had no problems at all compiling, installing, and using this same makemkv in Mageia 5 on my previous motherboard.
maxtog

Postby maxtog » Aug 6th, '19, 17:31

maxtog wrote:I am going to try some additional tests, including logging in as that user, natively (although I don't expect much difference).

Didn't make any difference. Also tried Cinnamon instead of plasma on another new user. No difference.

I had no problems at all compiling, installing, and using this same makemkv in Mageia 5 on my previous motherboard.

And I just realized I could try booting my old Mageia 5 on this new computer (new MB/CPU/mem/SDD), since it is on a different drive. Booted up fine and makemkv works under it. Ug, it just doesn't like something about Mageia 7....
maxtog

Postby doktor5000 » Aug 6th, '19, 17:51

You could run it under strace both the working version under Mageia 5 and compare that to Mageia 7. Maybe it's just a simple permission issue on /dev/sr0 or whatever your blueray drive is.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby maxtog » Aug 6th, '19, 18:18

I can try, but I don't think it is permissions. I get the same problem running it as root in Mageia 7. Plus, no errors in /var/log/messages and nothing spit out at the command line.
Last edited by doktor5000 on Aug 9th, '19, 08:08, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed fullquote
maxtog

Postby maxtog » Aug 10th, '19, 21:13

As a test, I downloaded a live version of Fedora 30 (live respin, kernel 5.2.6) and booted into that. Loaded the appropriate support packages (qt4&5 runtime/ffmpeg/etc). I mounted my Mageia 7.1 hard drive partition and copied over the files from makemkv. I went into those and "make install"'ed the version of makemkv I compiled under Mageia 7.1 into the RAM disk of the Fedora 30 live. Ran it (the Mageia 7.1 binary), and it resulted in the exact same behavior and message as when I ran it under Mageia 7.1.

Then, while still in Fedora 30 Live, I installed the needed development rpm packages and performed a "make clean" then "configure" and "make install" of makemkv. Ran it, and makemkv appears to work fine.

This didn't get me any further along the goal of getting makemkv working under Mageia 7.1, but at least it adds more information into the mix.
maxtog

Postby maxtog » Aug 11th, '19, 18:43

maxtog wrote:This didn't get me any further along the goal of getting makemkv working under Mageia 7.1, but at least it adds more information into the mix.

And that information WAS valuable. The solution is found! Fedora 30 is using a different compatibility openssl development library than I had installed in Mageia. Even though makemkv was compiling fine, it apparently needs something older. By installing "lib64compat-openssl10_1.0.0-1.0.2r-1.mga7", I was able to compile a binary that actually works! Installing that compat rpm does result in this warning:
Code: Select all
The following packages have to be removed for others to be upgraded:
lib64openssl-devel-1.1.0j-1.mga7.x86_64
 (due to conflicts with lib64compat-openssl10-devel-1.0.2r-1.mga7.x86_64)
lib64qt5base5-devel-5.12.2-2.mga7.x86_64
 (due to unsatisfied lib64qt5network-devel == 5.12.2-2.mga7)
lib64qt5network-devel-5.12.2-2.mga7.x86_64
 (due to unsatisfied pkgconfig(openssl) >= 1.1)

So it might affect compiling qt5 apps, which could be a different problem for some users, but that doesn't affect me... at least not right now. I hope this helps someone else trying to get makemkv working.
Last edited by isadora on Aug 11th, '19, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Placed command-output in between [CODE]-tags for better readability ;)
maxtog

Re: [SOLVED] Can't get MakeMKV working in Mageia 7

Postby gaurii » Apr 5th, '21, 14:36

The package compat-openssl10 was removed from the Mageia 8 repository, so you can't compile Makemkv with it.
I ran latest Makemkv v1.16.3 compiled in Mageia 8 with the lib64openssl-devel-1.1.1i library and I got the same error "Internal error: open ssl test 00FC failed".
gaurii

Postby maxtog » Apr 5th, '21, 23:32

gaurii wrote:The package compat-openssl10 was removed from the Mageia 8 repository, so you can't compile Makemkv with it.
I ran latest Makemkv v1.16.3 compiled in Mageia 8 with the lib64openssl-devel-1.1.1i library and I got the same error "Internal error: open ssl test 00FC failed".

Ug. It is a good thing I haven't tried to upgrade to Mageia 8 yet, then. I imagine this can be very frustrating.
maxtog

Postby morgano » Apr 9th, '21, 10:29

I guess the place to go for help is https://forum.makemkv.com/forum/
Mandriva since 2006, Mageia 2011 at home & work. Thinkpad T40, T43, T400, T510, Dell M4400, M6300, Acer Aspire 7. Workstation using LVM, LUKS, VirtualBox, BOINC
morgano

Return to Video