[solved] Debug message from forum software

This is the place to talk about our forums:
Questions about how to best use them, discussions about new features and things like that

[solved] Debug message from forum software

Postby wobo » Apr 8th, '11, 10:15

Since yesterday evening there is a debug notice coming up in the header whenever I open a thread in the forum, talking about the time_zone setting:
Code: Select all
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead
wobo
---
And a new day will dawn for those who stand long
And the forests will echo with laughter
(Stairway to Heaven, Led Zeppelin)
wobo

Re: Debug message from forum software

Postby magnus » Apr 8th, '11, 10:33

Big brother is watching YOU :idea:
magnus

Postby maat » Apr 8th, '11, 19:18

It's linked to a php config issue (default timezone definition)

As we have a complex automated setup of servers with puppet we had to face the unlikely comeback of this already solved problem after a slight change for a better delivery of email notifications.

Sorry for the annoying message displayed the time being :oops:
maat

Postby wobo » Apr 8th, '11, 19:30

I just read the thread in the -dev list and wanted to report here, you were faster :).
Issue solved.

EDIT: Unfortunately I can't edit my starting post to add a [resolved] to the subject.
(I know why this is so, it's still "unfortunately")
wobo
---
And a new day will dawn for those who stand long
And the forests will echo with laughter
(Stairway to Heaven, Led Zeppelin)
wobo

Re: [Resolved] Debug message from forum software

Postby maat » Apr 8th, '11, 19:54

Title edition done :)
maat

Postby ahmad » Apr 18th, '11, 04:55

wobo wrote:I just read the thread in the -dev list and wanted to report here, you were faster :).
Issue solved.

EDIT: Unfortunately I can't edit my starting post to add a [resolved] to the subject.
(I know why this is so, it's still "unfortunately")

Is there a mod to offer a "solved" button for the OP to click when his problem is fixed in a topic he opened?
(IIRC, I've seen such a mod in http://forum.kde.org/).
ahmad

Return to Discussions about forums