Regarding groups

This is the place to talk about our forums:
Questions about how to best use them, discussions about new features and things like that

Regarding groups

Postby loqo » Feb 24th, '12, 14:36

I've applied to join the 'Helpers Group' (open membership) because I want to help in some official capacity. My application remains pending after a few weeks and there are no other members listed. It feels empty there!

Is this group being moderated?

And how would I start or join a group related to Mageia User Experience/User Interface? For discussion about UE/UI, generating ideas, refining them and submitting them.
loqo

Re: Regarding groups

Postby doktor5000 » Feb 24th, '12, 15:22

Well, those are forum groups, and need to be moderated by the forum admins. I've also applied for one group, that request is pending like 4 or 5 months, can't even remember anymore. But those groups (except Moderators and MAQeia) have no real meaning. You best bet is to start a wiki page, something like https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Edu_SIG and start by defining the goals and the purpose of such a group, and the tasks to accomplish that.
Then send out a mail to mageia-dev and CC mageia-discuss mailing lists to announce this team and start to recruit some members and start working.
But you should also contact the council and tell them about your team.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Danke!

Postby loqo » Feb 25th, '12, 10:57

Thanks for the information!
loqo

Return to Discussions about forums