[URGENT] Requesting help from moderation team

This is the place to talk about our forums:
Questions about how to best use them, discussions about new features and things like that

[URGENT] Requesting help from moderation team

Postby plspls » Aug 16th, '16, 00:03

I am writing this message after receiving this disturbing private message from isadora:

Please plspls,

Can you please stop your offensive way of posting.
If not, i surely can help you.

Regards,
isadora

as you can see isadora is threatening to close my account if I don't stop posting in the forums

obviously I didn't post anything offensive and what isadora is asking me is to completely stop posting as I am considered offensive for whatever reason

I request help from the forum moderation team to step in in order to solve this conflict with isadora
plspls

Re: [URGENT] Requesting help from moderation team

Postby plspls » Aug 16th, '16, 00:16

please this is urgent isadora is threatening to close my account

can anybody contact moderation team and point them to this thread before isadora removes it? thanks
plspls

Postby plspls » Aug 16th, '16, 00:22

if one of my message was considered offensive by some people I of course sincerely apologize

to my knowledge none of my message was offensive

this was at least not my intent to be offensive

isadora did not say specifically what message was deemed offensive hence my conclusion that it is a request to stop posting completely

I hope the moderation team will help clarify the situation as soon as possible
plspls

Postby plspls » Aug 16th, '16, 00:30

message to isadora: I suspect you might be tempted to remove this thread before other moderators have a chance to see it, therefor I inform you that a private message has been sent to the other moderators
plspls

Postby doktor5000 » Aug 16th, '16, 02:11

For your information, isadora is part of the moderation team, so no need to explicitly ask publicly for the moderation team when you have been already contacted by one of us.

And I can only agree with him, please stop your offensive way of posting. Just adding nonsubstantial comments to arbitrary threads is considered as spamming.
This is no threat, this is just a friendly reminder.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby maat » Aug 16th, '16, 08:14

Hello,

Moderators discuss subjects and let others in the team know what's going on.

Of course if a moderator takes an unfair action from your point of view it's always possible to ask an other moderator with a private message.

But sending private messages to many moderators plus creating this topic just for your case will not help you.

Isadora followed the "lets be kind first" gentleman rule. He contacted you privately to give you a chance to improve your behavior without more public fuss. You had then the opportunity to discuss with him about the problem.

You chose to get all this public (included a part of Isadora's private message which i personally consider unfair. I know I'm oldschool on this kind of matters).

My advice to you: breathe and calm down first. Your behavior needed a moderator warning. We don't do that without good reasons. Take that in account and try to comply with the moderator request. If you really don't understand, Isadora can explain in private or in public as you wish. But do not push things too far. Trust me you don't want us to take further measures.

Best regards,
maat

Postby plspls » Aug 16th, '16, 10:26

doktor5000 wrote:For your information, isadora is part of the moderation team, so no need to explicitly ask publicly for the moderation team when you have been already contacted by one of us.

And I can only agree with him, please stop your offensive way of posting. Just adding nonsubstantial comments to arbitrary threads is considered as spamming.
This is no threat, this is just a friendly reminder.

lie!!!!!

threatening to close account is not friendly

as I can see you are all in the camp of abusive moderator isadora
plspls

Postby plspls » Aug 16th, '16, 10:30

maat wrote:Hello,

Moderators discuss subjects and let others in the team know what's going on.

Of course if a moderator takes an unfair action from your point of view it's always possible to ask an other moderator with a private message.

But sending private messages to many moderators plus creating this topic just for your case will not help you.

Isadora followed the "lets be kind first" gentleman rule. He contacted you privately to give you a chance to improve your behavior without more public fuss. You had then the opportunity to discuss with him about the problem.

You chose to get all this public (included a part of Isadora's private message which i personally consider unfair. I know I'm oldschool on this kind of matters).

My advice to you: breathe and calm down first. Your behavior needed a moderator warning. We don't do that without good reasons. Take that in account and try to comply with the moderator request. If you really don't understand, Isadora can explain in private or in public as you wish. But do not push things too far. Trust me you don't want us to take further measures.

Best regards,

no isadora did not followed the "lets be kind first" gentleman rule he started with the threatening message rule

he gave no detail whatsoever with what would be wrong with my postings

and no my behavior did not need a moderator warning if it did there would at least be some detail about what was wrong

nothing was wrong

I know you have to defend all members of your team but please look at the fact I did not post anything offensive

never

the only offensive message is from isadora who threatened to close my account

"Trust me you don't want us to take further measures" this is offensive too, please stop that immediately
plspls

Postby plspls » Aug 16th, '16, 10:47

FYI I sent a private message to isadora to give him a chance to apologize in this thread, and close the issue

let's see if he complies with the request
plspls

Postby plspls » Aug 16th, '16, 11:00

please note that I am one of the most active forum members

70 messages in just a few days is quite an achievement

as the most prominent forum member my opinion should not be ignored or the decline of the forum will ensue
plspls

Postby maat » Aug 16th, '16, 11:24

Hello,

We have had, since the forum opened, hundreds of people getting in with a very high activity during a few days/weeks/month and becoming inactive zombies afterwards.
Now you proved you have a lot of time to spend:
1) prove you can spend it helping people with technical problems and giving true and valuable informations.
2) prove you can do that without trolling or complicating moderators tasks for several monthes

And i'll consider you as a "prominent forum member" now you're just a very active newcomer who makes noise on the forum and mobilizes time from our moderators.

The "most prominent" title will need even more efforts because we have there very active (And on the long run iow from the very start of Mageia) and very helpful forum users here. Getting the crown will need a huge amount of time, work and good will !

Best regards,
maat

Postby Germ » Aug 16th, '16, 11:47

plspls wrote:please note that I am one of the most active forum members

70 messages in just a few days is quite an achievement..

Please do not take this the wrong way. It's just constructive criticism.

A large number of your posts do not add anything to the thread. Really just noise. We try to stay on topic and add value to a thread with our replies.
Isadora was quite nice and was in no way threatening to close you account.

Now, if you just want to throw out some random comments we have a forum category for that, The Wizards Lair.
You can find it here: viewforum.php?f=5
Starting in 1999: Mandrake > Mandriva > Mageia
Linux User #274693
Germ

Postby morgano » Aug 16th, '16, 12:14

plspls have proven far beyond doubt that his/her only intent is to waste our time.
Please lock out the troll.
Mandriva since 2006, Mageia 2011 at home & work. Thinkpad T40, T43, T400, T510, Dell M4400, M6300, Acer Aspire 7. Workstation using LVM, LUKS, VirtualBox, BOINC
morgano

Postby jiml8 » Aug 16th, '16, 12:22

[Mr. Spock] Fascinating [/Mr. Spock]

As a not-active :roll: participant on this foum, I have to say that my opinion of OP isn't settled yet. On the one hand, I think I see a newbie who is so clueless he doesn't realize how clueless he is. On the other hand, I wonder if we have here a non-native-english-speaker who does not properly grasp the meaning of some of the language.

Really, I am not sure. Most of what he has to say is pretty useless, and this particular thread does not speak well of him at all. But the way his comments are useless doesn't look like genuine trolling to me; they simply look totally, completely, and bewilderingly clueless.

So, for myself, I don't know what to say, exactly...

in any event, in about an hour I am leaving for Thailand, and I won't be back for a couple of weeks. It seems likely, therefore, that however this drama plays out, I won't see it.
jiml8

Postby plspls » Aug 16th, '16, 12:41

that is awesome jiml8 I have never been to thailand but it looks gorgeous from the photos I have seen

could you post your photos in this thread when you get a chance?
plspls

Postby maat » Aug 16th, '16, 15:30

Moderation notice

Reminder of a few forum rules :

forumadmin wrote:
  1. Respect the Forum Staff
    Spoiler:
    We provide a service in our free time to keep the forum running efficiently; we are not here to make life harder for anyone. Any decision taken by the Administrators and Community Managers is final and will be respected. Do not argue with the Staff in a thread. If you want to discuss an issue, do it by email or by a PM (Private Message). Do not ignore or fail to comply with Staff requests, whether by post, PM or email.
  2. Do Not be Abusive
    Spoiler:
    Abuse doesn't get you anywhere. It generates bad feelings and is very likely to get you suspended from the forum. We're here to help each other not fight.
  3. Don't post complaints about forums / forum rules / moderators / problems with other users publicly in forums
    Spoiler:
    The forums are an inappropriate venue for publicly discussing any personal issues you may have with the forum guidelines or administration. Please contact the moderators or administrators by email or private message if you have such concerns. If you disagree with a moderator's action concerning your posts please contact the moderator in question for clarification. The moderators are perfectly willing to privately and civilly discuss any disagreements.
  4. Don't Post Garbage
    Spoiler:
    The Wizards Lair is a sub-Forum for many non-linux topics, however there are limits. Posts that illustrate you may need to refresh your meds or are little more than random words thrown together are wasting bandwidth. If your ideas are a bit on the Wild Side, please use the Social Groups to express them. At the Staffs' discretion, disruptive Wibble posts will result in a loss of posting privileges. Disruptive posts elsewhere may terminate your membership.
  5. Only ONE User Name Per Member.
    Spoiler:
    If you've outgrown your identity, PM an Administrator to change it. Never create a second username/identity without permission or your membership may be terminated. As info, the first identity change is generally acceptable, however we seldom agree to a second change.

plspls recent activity was in violation of at least:
1. Do not argue with the Staff in a thread
2. Do not get abusive
3. Don't post complaints about forums / forum rules / moderators.
4. Don't Post Garbage

So plspls posts are now pre-moderated.

plspsl posts will be checked from time to time without commitment on our part to do that often.
maat

Postby maat » Aug 16th, '16, 15:30

(and this topic is now locked)
maat

Return to Discussions about forums