message to devs Mageia 5.0 beta3

This forum is dedicated to testing early releases and cauldron : Howtos, tips, tricks and user global feedback and thoughts...

Helpful tip :
For bugs tracking we use : https://bugs.mageia.org = The Mageia Bug Tracker
In this bug tracker you'll find already reported bugs and you'll be able to report those you have found....

message to devs Mageia 5.0 beta3

Postby ind-pc_student » Apr 16th, '15, 16:40

hello team,

first and foremost congratulations on the successfull installation of UEFI Support very usable on my Acer Aspire E-15 AMD A10 Redeon R6 Spec,

I seriously need to ask for you guys to have a look at etc\fstab file stops Mageia5 from booting 1st time around with CTRL+D emergency mode message

This startup error is saddening and not needed, I really like the mageia name and ethos and would very much like this distro to be much more popular!!!

the solution in my case was tracking down every windows partition section of the fstab and prety much add ,nofail to all of them

I have Enjoyed every single release of mageia since Mageia 1 many AMD Spec. laptops have came and gone but I still Use Mageia on all of them,the only thing i regret about mageia is my lack of knowledge on the development side would realy have enjoyed to develop for mageia but my skill still is not there even after 8 years of linux usage at home

In conclusion well done for such a nice looking distro and please keep stiving for better releases because it is a pity a small error on fstab gives a bad first impression.

thank you well done and keep going this Distro is brilliant...
ind-pc_student

Location: Milton Keynes - the only linux counter registered linux user in the area

Re: message to devs Mageia 5.0 beta3

Postby doktor5000 » Apr 16th, '15, 21:26

That is fixed in later RC candidates since two weeks: https://bugs.mageia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10179
Keep in mind that beta3 is already two months old.

Apart from that, the forum is the completely wrong place for a message to the developers.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby ind-pc_student » Apr 17th, '15, 16:07

can you pass along a weldone and thank you for making uefi bearable and a keep up the good work message to them as it looks ayou know where you can contact them directly
ind-pc_student

Location: Milton Keynes - the only linux counter registered linux user in the area

Postby ind-pc_student » Apr 17th, '15, 16:09

doktor5000 wrote:That is fixed in later RC candidates since two weeks: https://bugs.mageia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10179
Keep in mind that beta3 is already two months old.

thanks for the advice on that Rc can you tell me how to update the system to that RC realese? or is it still beeing tested designed?
ind-pc_student

Postby doktor5000 » Apr 17th, '15, 18:52

Simply update to latest cauldron packages, then you're more recent then latest RC. And sure it's still being tested, otherwise the final RC would have been released already to public.

Did you read the linked Google+ post from our QA team in the thread about the RC? viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9716
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby ind-pc_student » Apr 20th, '15, 15:38

thank you that is brilliant
ind-pc_student

Return to Testing : Alpha, Beta, RC and Cauldron