Boot Logger Failed

This forum is dedicated to testing early releases and cauldron : Howtos, tips, tricks and user global feedback and thoughts...

Helpful tip :
For bugs tracking we use : https://bugs.mageia.org = The Mageia Bug Tracker
In this bug tracker you'll find already reported bugs and you'll be able to report those you have found....

Boot Logger Failed

Postby saptech » Apr 10th, '11, 00:06

I've been running beta 1 64 bit for the past 2-3 days continuesly and today I went to shutdown the system and received this error, which stop the shutdown process at this point.

Code: Select all
Stopping boot logger: failed
Broadcast message from root, stopping display manager

At this point is when it hangs. I could press Enter key and it would drop down a line but nothing else. I left it like this for about an hour and no change.

I'm using a HP Compaq DX5150 AMD 64 system, with 512mb of ram and ATI Radeon Xpress 200M. I'm using the open source video driver.

Not sure if it's hardware or software issue, though another way I can test it is boot into Win7 and see if it does the same thing! :oops:
Each One Teach One
--------------------------------
Mageia 7 & Debian 10
HP Compaq Elite 8300 | Intel Core i5 | 8gb | 120gb SSD
--------------------------
Mageia 7 & Debian 10
Dell Optiplex 760 | Quad Core | 4gb | 250gb HDD
saptech

Re: Boot Logger Failed

Postby juergen_harms » Apr 10th, '11, 11:49

That looks familiar - happened on several new Mandriva releases. Now, with Mageia, I have a similar problem on my desktop (Dell Optiplex 755) - no problem on my laptop:

- "Please standby ..."
- "Restarting system."
- Freeze
Happens about 9 out of 10 times, 1 / 10 OK.

Was explained as a hardware-specific problem when Linux hands over to the bios, in Mandriva times the problem normally got resolved after some time. I had considered this as 2nd priority and waited for somebody else to file a bug :lol: (given the randomness, it might just be a timing or a racing problem).
juergen_harms

Return to Testing : Alpha, Beta, RC and Cauldron