Question about reporting a bug

This forum is dedicated to testing early releases and cauldron : Howtos, tips, tricks and user global feedback and thoughts...

Helpful tip :
For bugs tracking we use : https://bugs.mageia.org = The Mageia Bug Tracker
In this bug tracker you'll find already reported bugs and you'll be able to report those you have found....

Question about reporting a bug

Postby Sfiet_Konstantin » Apr 7th, '11, 01:06

Well, I hesitate to report a bug :
Because my Mageia is working perfectly. This is clearly a bug because a beta version cannot work perfectly ! :D

What was tested :
- Kernel 2.6.38 : works perfectly with broadcom-wl
- Graphics : free nouveau drivers can enable graphics effects ! (no need of nvidia proprietary driver)
- KDE 4.6.1 and all major KDE apps
* KDE base apps : dolphin, plasma, gwenview, okular ... : working well, no crash
* Amarok : OK, working perfectly, MP3 playback is OK with gstreamer
* Rekonq : OK as an alternative browser to firefox
* Kdevelop : OK, no problem here
* Kmess : the best MSN client is also working well
* Kontact : a bit slow with IMAP, waiting for Kmail 2 (but fears it's instability)
* Nepomuk : do not eat all CPU. I currently do not use it but considers tagging photos with it in order to find them more easily. It seems to be quicker than before (4.5) and behaves well. Nepomuk and strigi are enabled all the time on my computer.
* NM : integrated with plasma (using plasma-applet-networkmanagement). A good replacement of net_applet, with better icons. Works without problem, and without conflicts with net_applet. (except for eth0, but there is a simple workaround).
- Firefox : working well, fast and with all plugins that I like
- Libreoffice : OK. Do not change much from OOo. Works fine.
- Printing : using a Freebox as print server. Works. The printer was autodetected with sys-config-printer.
- Qt Creator and Qt performances : Neither nouveau nor nvidia likes Qt :( that is bad because I have written a cool QML app, but performances with default graphicssystem are bad. Using graphycssystem raster improves the perforance of the app.

Oh yeah, I have just forgotten one thing, that is currently not very annoying, because my computer is always plugged, but when I unplug the power supply, USB mouse becames unpowered. That is strange. (See bug 362).

That's my test of beta 1. Mageia is really promising, and I do not regret switching from Mdv at all !
Sfiet_Konstantin

Re: Question about reporting a bug

Postby stormi » Apr 17th, '11, 22:09

Thanks for the report :)
Samuel V.
mageia-app-db : Project site, try it !
stormi

Return to Testing : Alpha, Beta, RC and Cauldron