Gnome shell extensions in Mageia 2 RC

This forum is dedicated to testing early releases and cauldron : Howtos, tips, tricks and user global feedback and thoughts...

Helpful tip :
For bugs tracking we use : https://bugs.mageia.org = The Mageia Bug Tracker
In this bug tracker you'll find already reported bugs and you'll be able to report those you have found....

Gnome shell extensions in Mageia 2 RC

Postby strider » May 22nd, '12, 20:33

I saw somebody posting that he could activate gnome shell-extensions via MCC. This was in Alpha 2. However in RC I cannot find everything. I tried activating extensions via the gnome web site. This worked but then the gnome tweak tool refused to start up.

Any idea how I can get gnome shell extensions to work ? Did I overlook something ?
strider

Re: Gnome shell extensions in Mageia 2 RC

Postby ozky » May 23rd, '12, 06:52

That's because all of those gnome shell extension what you can find from mageia repos are outdated,they are 3.2 version of gnome and they won't work with new 3.4 gnome shell so you need to install them from gnome website,just uninstall those mageia own gnome shell extension and install them manualy.
Mageia user
ozky

Postby leuhmanu » May 23rd, '12, 08:31

Yes and they was removed from the repo before the final, so you should not see these one anymore.
Help the bugsquad !
leuhmanu

Postby ozky » May 24th, '12, 15:06

Try to start from terminal gnome-tweak-tool as normal user (not root) and post output to here between code tags.
Mageia user
ozky

Postby DShelbyD » May 29th, '12, 16:38

I also ran into this problem of the gnome-tweak-tool refusing to start. I solved it by removing the tool with MCC, then re-installing it. Now it works as it should. The extensions, as I think you found out, are available in the correct version at https://extensions.gnome.org/#
David
DShelbyD

Postby Vanitarium » Aug 8th, '20, 23:05

Hiya, I am new here so bear with me.
I have installed Mageia8 beta and gnome. A lot of things work OK but I found that the "dash to dock" extension from the gnome website does not work. I have left a problem report for the developer with the error. I have also found that there are many people who find that this extension does not work with 3.36 at all.
Does somebody know how to set the properties of the dash, for example, move it to the bottom of the activities overview?
The issue is that I had to setup PLANK instead of this extension but that one does not have a launcher docklet for all apps.
Any help is appreciated here. ;) ;)
ASUS Zenbook Flip 14 UM462DA with AMD RYZEN 5 3500u with radeon vega mobile gfx × 8
Vanitarium

Postby isadora » Aug 9th, '20, 08:41

My part for helping you, is giving you following hint:

It is very much advised to open up a new topic for any new issue.
..........bird from paradise..........

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
—Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
isadora

Return to Testing : Alpha, Beta, RC and Cauldron