install fail to boot 32bits version

This forum is dedicated to testing early releases and cauldron : Howtos, tips, tricks and user global feedback and thoughts...

Helpful tip :
For bugs tracking we use : https://bugs.mageia.org = The Mageia Bug Tracker
In this bug tracker you'll find already reported bugs and you'll be able to report those you have found....

install fail to boot 32bits version

Postby brunob » May 17th, '11, 20:13

I have intel p 4 2,4 mghz with intel board ..... sata drive ,2g memory ..... nvidia fx 5500

i try two way to install the rc withthe boot.iso and the noarch cd same result with the kernel desktop-1mga.img 2.6.38.9-destop -1.mga
i get fail to install boot loader here is the message mkinittrd -v -f/boot/initrd...... echec de l'installation

may I suggest something why we do have the choice at that step after installing users choice lillo or grub not just force install . I remark with update this kernel same problem if the boot loader is there it make a kernel panic ,so there is a big problem .

I am scare to make a update to another machine amd to ....I remark also in mandriva they have a big bobo to with the recent updated kernel ... also I remark a cannot initiate the 0 partition or something like that or inititate the 0 partition when I did ctrl-alt f2 or f3
brunob

Return to Testing : Alpha, Beta, RC and Cauldron